Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manager: Jacobs Was 172, 173 Against Arias; Jackson a Bitter Man!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manager: Jacobs Was 172, 173 Against Arias; Jackson a Bitter Man!

Daniel Jacobs' manager has refuted trainer John David Jackson's claims that Jacobs weighed "180, 185" pounds and as a cruiserweight had an unfair advantage over Luis Arias in their middleweight fight Saturday night. Keith Connolly, Jacobs' manager, took issue with Jackson's comments following Jacobs' easy unanimous-decision victory over Arias in their 12-round fight (http://www.boxingscene.com/jackson-jacobs-cruiserweight-an-unfair-advantage--122387). HBO televised Jacobs-Arias as the main event of a "World Championship Boxing" tripleheader from Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, but Jacobs out-classed Arias in what was a significant step up in competition for the middleweight from Milwaukee.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't believe he weighed 172/3 at all. He deliberately missed the IBF weigh-in in the morning against GGG and MUST have been significantly heavier than that, or he would have done it and put on that 2 or 3 lbs after that.

I'm meant to believe Jacobs, who couldn't make 170, or chose not to, on the morning of the GGG fight, only came in 2 or 3 lbs heavier than that limit for this fight?

Doubt it.

Comment

Jackson looking more and more like a bull****ter. Arias was a punk that never had much of a chance.

Comment

172 173? idk man Danny is a big guy, he's got a large frame and pretty jacked. Im 5`9" 170 with hardly an once of fat on me and I'd bet i'd look small as **** next to danny lol. On fight night Dannys gotta weigh somewhere in the low 180s. Not that it matters anyways Danny was levels above Arias regardless.

Comment

Doesn't matter what weight he was as long as he made the weight......end of Jackson!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Daniel Jacobs' manager has refuted trainer John David Jackson's claims that Jacobs weighed "180, 185" pounds and as a cruiserweight had an unfair advantage over Luis Arias in their middleweight fight Saturday night. Keith Connolly, Jacobs' manager, took issue with Jackson's comments following Jacobs' easy unanimous-decision victory over Arias in their 12-round fight (http://www.boxingscene.com/jackson-j...antage--122387). HBO televised Jacobs-Arias as the main event of a "World Championship Boxing" tripleheader from Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, but Jacobs out-classed Arias in what was a significant step up in competition for the middleweight from Milwaukee.
            [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              I don't believe he weighed 172/3 at all. He deliberately missed the IBF weigh-in in the morning against GGG and MUST have been significantly heavier than that, or he would have done it and put on that 2 or 3 lbs after that.

I'm meant to believe Jacobs, who couldn't make 170, or chose not to, on the morning of the GGG fight, only came in 2 or 3 lbs heavier than that limit for this fight?

Doubt it.
              Jacobs wasn't as big for Arias as he was for GGG. He's 100% vegan now, even between camps, and that's helping him keep his weight down.

Comment

Even if Jacobs was in the 180's Luis took the fight didn't he?? Jacobs made weight right? Arias said he was going to stop Jacobs and now that he lost he wants to blame it on the weight and a blister lol hahaha Sit down JDJ!!

Comment

Seriously doubt he was 173.

Comment

Lets get one thing straight! This talk I've been hearing in a number of threads about 190 pounds is pure ******ed. 2 cups of water equals 1 pound. 1 Cheeseburger equals 1 pound. So lets build a scenario of how this looks. 40 cups of water (20 pounds) and 10 Cheeseburgers (at 1 pound each) weigh a total of 30 pounds. No way in hell does a guy in one day drink 40 cups of water and eat 10 Cheeseburgers before round 1, period! And that's assuming he doesnt even use the restroom!!! If he has to piss and poop any of that water and food, then we are talking about loading up on 50-60 cups of water and 12-13 Cheeseburgers to reach a ring entrance weight of 190! No one can possibly drink that much water and eat that much food and gain that much weight in a day after a weigh in. Not to mention losing some weight from light exercise, warm ups, calorie burning in the day between the weigh in and round 1. This also proves that there is no way Canelo could have gained the type of weight people claim he did when entering the ring.
                    Last edited by richardt; 11-14-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X