No announcement yet.

running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running

what would be better for running? running at full sprint for 2 min and then jogging at a pace back? or just run at a good pace for a mile?

Probably sprinting for 2 minutes then jogging back, if you are trying to build up stamina. Depends really what you are aiming at, because jogging at a good pace for a long way can work really good too.

Comment

sprint and then jog, they called intervals it makes it so u can control your heart rate and stamina you wont get tired as easy in the ring if you can bring your heart rate down each round

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
        sprint and then jog, they called intervals it makes it so u can control your heart rate and stamina you wont get tired as easy in the ring if you can bring your heart rate down each round
        ya i thought that sprinting would be better too, thanx guys karma fo ya both

Comment

i will tell you a good way to make your stamina better.

This routine was done by Leon Spinks before he fought Muhammad Ali and beat him. First, sprint for 3 minutes then rest one minute. Just like in a boxing match. You have 3 minutes to fight and 1 minute break. Do that 12 times and you will have no problem to box for 12 rounds without getting tired
          Last edited by Sweat; 12-25-2004, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah that interval training is great for boxing. But it also depends on what level you are with your conditioning. If your just starting out, its gonna be pretty hard for you to be able to sprint 2 minutes straight(if your out of shape). If your just starting out, I would recommend taking a lighter load, as you can possibly get injured if you try overstrain yourself. If you've already been boxing for a while and are in good physical condition, disregard the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkknight
              Yeah that interval training is great for boxing. But it also depends on what level you are with your conditioning. If your just starting out, its gonna be pretty hard for you to be able to sprint 2 minutes straight(if your out of shape). If your just starting out, I would recommend taking a lighter load, as you can possibly get injured if you try overstrain yourself. If you've already been boxing for a while and are in good physical condition, disregard the above.
              i would say im above average shape but im not in really good shape as in a good boxing condition, what should i run?

Comment

3 mins sprints are great
                also doin 2 miles in about 12-15 mins
                most boxers shoudl do a mile in about 6-7 mins

Comment

Originally posted by Pacpac
                  i will tell you a good way to make your stamina better.

This routine was done by Leon Spinks before he fought Muhammad Ali and beat him. First, sprint for 3 minutes then rest one minute. Just like in a boxing match. You have 3 minutes to fight and 1 minute break. Do that 12 times and you will have no problem to box for 12 rounds without getting tired
                  Wow, that's awesome, I'm going to try that

Comment

you should alternate spints one day sprints and hills and the other day long runs with moderate heartbeat for atamina

Comment

Working...
                    X