Collapse
No announcement yet.

***The TRUTH About Wlad v. Tony***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To think Tony could have won is naive...
    if the first 5-6 rounds repeated themselves for the last 5-6 rounds tony would have won...

he was working the body...not allowing wlad to land a jab...easily blocking the right hand...if this continued wlad would have been worn out by the body attack of tony and could have lost a split decision in the end...even if wlad won (assuming the first 5-6 rounds repeated themselves) he would have lost in the minds of most fans...

like i said i didnt keep a scorecard officially but by mental note i had it either a draw after 6 or only a round ahead for wlad...it was damn close...MUCH MUCH MUCH closer than i expected.

Comment

Good win by Wladimir. He was patience and didn't get nervous when he got into trouble. His defence was pretty good I must admit. Tiger Tony for some reason wasn't throwing combos and when he did he got somewhere with it. At the end of the day, good win, hopefully there is a rematch between Peter and Wladimir on PPV, willing for pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
        Of course you'd RATHER get hit with the weaker punches...however overtime they still take their toll like a big punch...it just takes longer to feel it as good and more of them.

but hard v. light punches doesnt determine how to score a fight...

for instance...lets say i land 25 out of 40 punches on you in a round...and you land 5 out of 30...

mine are pitty-pat and yours are the kind that you swear could take someone's head off...

wouldnt people score that round for me? i used MORE punches...landed MORE punches...and at a HIGHER PERCENTAGE...sure you got in your good hard shots but i was more consistant throughout the round and controlled the action overall...true?
        In professional boxing, yes it absolutely does. The more effective punches count more. You can check with anyone you want on this. Quality is scored over quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          In professional boxing, yes it absolutely does. The more effective punches count more. You can check with anyone you want on this. Quality is scored over quantity.
          Well if you ask me...

if a fighter throws more...LANDS MORE...AND AT A HIGHER PERCENTAGE its hard to score it against him...

and for the first 5-6 rounds i had it just about even...

effective punches count...meaning the ones that land and do damage...yes...

tony wasnt doing much damage but he was definately beating wlad to the punch early...landing with ease to the body...and wlad missing many shots...it was only in the second half of the fight where tony faded and wlad knocked him out.

Comment

Well if you ask me...

if a fighter throws more...LANDS MORE...AND AT A HIGHER PERCENTAGE its hard to score it against him...

and for the first 5-6 rounds i had it just about even...

effective punches count...meaning the ones that land and do damage...yes...

tony wasnt doing much damage but he was definately beating wlad to the punch early...landing with ease to the body...and wlad missing many shots...it was only in the second half of the fight where tony faded and wlad knocked him out.

I could see your point if Thompson were outlanding Klitschko 3-1. But really the numbers were close to even, and there is no doubt about who was landing the sharper punches.

Comment

Exactly! Its the person who inflicts more damage in the round, not the person who threw the most punches.

Comment

I could see your point if Thompson were outlanding Klitschko 3-1. But really the numbers were close to even, and there is no doubt about who was landing the sharper punches.
                no denying that...

in terms of strength of the punches it would be like watching mayorga v. spinks...

seriously.

i just think harold lederman and hbo didnt give tony his credit...

and if anyone gets access to the judges scorecards i'd love it if you could post them because through 6 i had it pretty close...

Comment

Let me make a few things clear before you begin reading:

A) Im NOT a Wlad hater...

B) I actually put real money on Wlad to win

However Wlad was in trouble early in this fight...not in a sense of being hurt/knocked down/out but in trouble in a sense that he was close to being outboxed by a very unlikely opponent.

Tony COULD HAVE won this fight...or at the least forced a close decision (win or lose)...early on in the fight tony was working the body and not letting wlad have an edge but somewhere between the 5th and 7th round he gave up and let wlad have his way.

Through 6 rounds (i didnt keep an actual on paper scorecard) but it was either even or extremely close to even...

I didnt expect tony to come on so well...the body attack was really working for him...if he kept it up he could have forced a split decision (win or lose)...

however he basically gave up.

Props to wlad for hanging in there...

and props to tony for putting up a WAY better fight than i expected...before this fight i thought wlad puts him out within 5...he went 11...and could have turned it around...

what are your thoughts on this fight?

This wasn't supposed to be an easy fight for Wlad. A lot of people actually were calling for the upset (Graham Houston made this a tough 9 round fight for Wlad. Evan Young picked Tony Thompson for the upset)

TT didn't give up. He got broke the **** down. Same thing would happen to anyone who keeps getting their head banged in by Wlad for 7 rounds.

Comment

Let me make a few things clear before you begin reading:

A) Im NOT a Wlad hater...

B) I actually put real money on Wlad to win

However Wlad was in trouble early in this fight...not in a sense of being hurt/knocked down/out but in trouble in a sense that he was close to being outboxed by a very unlikely opponent.

Tony COULD HAVE won this fight...or at the least forced a close decision (win or lose)...early on in the fight tony was working the body and not letting wlad have an edge but somewhere between the 5th and 7th round he gave up and let wlad have his way.

Through 6 rounds (i didnt keep an actual on paper scorecard) but it was either even or extremely close to even...

I didnt expect tony to come on so well...the body attack was really working for him...if he kept it up he could have forced a split decision (win or lose)...

however he basically gave up.

Props to wlad for hanging in there...

and props to tony for putting up a WAY better fight than i expected...before this fight i thought wlad puts him out within 5...he went 11...and could have turned it around...

what are your thoughts on this fight?
                    I saw the same fight you did man! Nice observation!

Comment

Working...
                    X