Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When has Floyd last fought a great counterpuncher ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Canelo is a great counter puncher and he's supposed to win this fight? The guy that throws single pinches? No thanks, I'll pass.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He fought one of the best counter punchers of this era in JMM and dominated his @ss.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
        He is not a pure counterpuncher, he is more of a brawler with good timing
        Duuuuude..... (sigh)

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
          He fought one of the best counter punchers of this era in JMM and dominated his @ss.
          JMM the best counterpuncher of all time!!!! ! GTFO

Comment

castillo was a great counterpuncher, but he often moved forward.

cotto has great counters as well, but he's not a counterpuncher. he's more of a boxer, especially today.

it's honestly best to lead with mayweather. outwork him. try, anyway. playing a counterpunching game with the best fighter on the planet is a bad idea. ask marquez. admittedly, marquez was way too small that night, and looked like he was fighitng his older brother.

Comment

canelo isnt a great counter puncher himself

Comment

I never understood why people like oscar states, that to beat floyd you have to bumrush him and pressure him nonestop.

To me that plays right into floyds hands, that way he can pick you apart coming in all night long.
                And even more telling is that the one thing all floyds victories since the Oscar fight have in common, is that all of these guys have zero counterunching ability and all try walk floyd down.

I know that Castillo had some succes doing so, but floyd aint that guy enyone, and Castillo lost.

Cotto witch is not a great counterpuncher, was having good succes waiting until the right moment and then explode.

To me Canelo posses the exact right tools that could hurt floyd and win the fight, namly fast explosiv countecomboes.

This fight is really a hardcore match up
                marquez and floyd owned him. but I do agree with the last few lines canelo has the tools to pull off the upset whether he will or not remains to be seen.

Comment

genaro hernandez was a great counterpuncher, as was marquez. judah was a good counterpuncher too.

its hard to counter floyd, hes fast, fights in an off beat rhythm, has a great sense of distance and timing and he chooses his punches extremely well leading with jabs, hooks and rights. you try to counter him he will most likely pot shot you to death then start countering your counters on top of it.

terrible game plan imo.

Comment

He is not a pure counterpuncher, he is more of a brawler with good timing

Comment

I never understood why people like oscar states, that to beat floyd you have to bumrush him and pressure him nonestop.

To me that plays right into floyds hands, that way he can pick you apart coming in all night long.
                      And even more telling is that the one thing all floyds victories since the Oscar fight have in common, is that all of these guys have zero counterunching ability and all try walk floyd down.

I know that Castillo had some succes doing so, but floyd aint that guy enyone, and Castillo lost.

Cotto witch is not a great counterpuncher, was having good succes waiting until the right moment and then explode.

To me Canelo posses the exact right tools that could hurt floyd and win the fight, namly fast explosiv countecomboes.

This fight is really a hardcore match up
                      Exactly I would make Floyd be offensive make floyd commit. Everybody bum rushes Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X