Hardly any free boxing

Comment

-abc belts
        -b1tchass , demanding ass, cowards like floyd
        -toprank vs gbp feud
        -crooked judges
        -**** refs

Comment

The State Commissioners offices from state to state who sanction the shows are the same commision that handle Monster Truck, Pro Wrestling, and Circus effents. The rules are drasticly different from state to state and theres NO data base to confirm the fighters identity (honestly).
          I can beat any blood pressure test using over the counter drinks, I can have a man with one eye pass the eye exam and can misrepresent any medical records at any time in certain states!
          These very basic problems are whats wrong with the sport at the entry level and the problem has exsisted for 100 years!!
          Anyone with millions could step in on a national level and begin in the business! Anyone with 100 grand could start on a state level and grow into a regional level promotion in a short time but its not done because the powers to be are controlling even the regional 8 to 10 round fighters and the fighters management has to go with them or you can't move your fighter once he gets passed prelim bouts.
          The brutality isn't always in the ring but its always in the offices and back area of shows. The business is dirty and I don't know that a country to world wide commision can adjust things but why not try!!
          You see what happened to Vegas once it was "cleaned up" it stinks now that the corperate cartoon, yuppy BS is in place!!

Only the "paying" customers can make a change! In the 50s the tv coverage ruined local boxing shows, by offering the boxing in peoples homes the public stopped going to the local shows (mostly in NYC, Philly, Jersey) so the HBOs and Circuit shows need to be ignored if a change is to take place and the boxing fans can control it!
          However the boxing fan is notoriously the laziest most unconcsience fan in sports! They were the ones in the 50/60s that refused to support the shows and other than the late 70s thru the 80s the sport has died on a local level where the careers are begun. Since the late 70s you develop a fighter using the amatuer program and good luck finding local promoters running pro shows. You'll have to sign the kid away to give him a chance!!!

Can't even get into "matchmaking" I'd need a drink to discuss that mess! Ray

Comment

All these damn belts and versions of them (WBC Silver title/WBO Latino title) or whatever the **** its called. Useless. Seems like every fighter has a damn belt these days

The fact that these promoters wanna make fights that only make money, even if it's match ups us fans would want to see.

Comment

-Sanctioning bodies
              -Corruption
              -Promotional rivalries
              -Innocent fighters being accused of cheating (Pacquiao, Margartio)
              -Bad decisions
              -PED use
              -Horrible fan bases (Broner)

Comment

Originally posted by fallen9182 View Post
                All these damn belts and versions of them (WBC Silver title/WBO Latino title) or whatever the **** its called. Useless. Seems like every fighter has a damn belt these days

The fact that these promoters wanna make fights that only make money, even if it's match ups us fans would want to see.
                Couldn't agree more. This 'Silver belt', 'Platinum belt', 'Copper' Belt, 'Aluminum' Belt, 'Interim' belt, 'Interim Diamond belt'....enough already. Just another way to generate ridiculous sanctioning fees.

Comment

"This guy is high risk/ low reward"
                  "That guy doesn't bring enough money"

Comment

Where to start?

I've said for a while; boxing is the greatest sport in the world. But it's also the worst run sport in the world.

My new personal favourite - well, not new but the one that has been bothering me the most recently - is the fact that Top Rank and Golden Boy are not working together to make fights.

I mean, that's an absolute joke and so hugely detrimental.

Boxing fans are also to blame for the current status of the sport. We take all the nonsense passively up the ass time and time again. Look at us with this TR/GBP issue - we just accept the way things are, rather than saying.....hold up a minute, this is a f-cked up, and not something our sport can sustain.

The sport gets abused because we let it get abused.

Comment

ranking orgs.
                      early stoppages
                      bad decisions

and nuthuggers

Comment

Working...
                      X