Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter you hated, that eventually became one of your favorites?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighter you hated, that eventually became one of your favorites?

Ever had a fighter you didn't realy like or always rooted against, then have performance that made you stop and reevaluate them? I never hated Floyd Mayweather, but never rooted for him to win any fight. Then going up against Cotto at 154, apparently with a cold and a hurt hand, according to Dan Rafael.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ont-stop-floyd

I though when Cotto gave him hell in the 8th, that Mayweather start to bounce away and potshot Cotto the rest of the night to avoid damage. He came right back at Cotto and rocked him in the 12th. I'm not a huge Money Man fan now, but I respect him and would root him to beat most fighters now.

I'm thinking Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Ever had a fighter you didn't realy like or always rooted against, then have performance that made you stop and reevaluate them? I never hated Floyd Mayweather, but never rooted for him to win any fight. Then going up against Cotto at 154, apparently with a cold and a hurt hand, according to Dan Rafael.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ont-stop-floyd

I though when Cotto gave him hell in the 8th, that Mayweather start to bounce away and potshot Cotto the rest of the night to avoid damage. He came right back at Cotto and rocked him in the 12th. I'm not a huge Money Man fan now, but I respect him and would root him to beat most fighters now.
      What about Pacquiao? He TKO'd Cotto, something Mayweather couldn't accomplish going up against damaged goods.

Comment

If u could believe it, Floyd Mayweather. I didn't hate him per se but I didn't exactly like him. I was a bigger winky and rjj fan.. I thought Roy would be the successor to pernell but IMO floyd was his true successor.

Comment

klitschkos for me after seeing the the film legends for sure imo

Comment

andre ward. i hated his holding spoiling style then eventually he learned how to properly be defensive without holding & spoiling so much. the carl froch fight showed that.

Comment

I wouldnt say one of my favorites, but Carl Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                What about Pacquiao? He TKO'd Cotto, something Mayweather couldn't accomplish going up against damaged goods.
                The Cotto at 154 v.s. 144?

Comment

I didn't hate him but I didn't care much for him either but Orlando Salido went to Puerto Rico twice and beat Juanma twice, he didn't become my favorite boxer but he truly earned my respect...

Comment

Originally posted by supremelygifted View Post
                    The Cotto at 154 v.s. 144?
                    Did you even watch the fight? It was at 145lb. That Cotto was much better before manny slaughtered him.

Comment

Working...
                    X