No announcement yet.

Another fight where Floyd suckerpunches his opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fight where Floyd suckerpunches his opponent

Dont get me wrong I love Floyd, he is one of my favourite fighters but cant deny the fact that he likes to suckerpunch his opponents.

skip to 02:00

he has to sucker punch at every opportunity because he knows his regular punches don't hurt

Comment

That is not a sucker punch, it's the oldest trick in the book. Again, when the ref says box it's time to fight. The way that I was trained if a guy stuck his glove out to touch I would shoot a right hand right over it, just incase the opponent was doing what Floyd did, suckering him in.

It's the oldest trick in the book and only a fool would fall for it.

When I was training I was not allowed to touch gloves when sparring or I'd get my a$$ kicked doing floor work. Bronco, Tarrick, everybody I did this to. They'd stick their glove out to start the round and I shoot a right hand over. None of the guys liked what I did and they never did it again.

What Floyd did was nowhere near illegal or unethical. It's a professional prize fight and when the ref says to box you fight. Plain and simple......Rockin'

Comment

Once the bell rings, there is no such thing as a sucker punch. That to me was a legitimate, legal and totally fair punch. What the hell kind of fighter is going to wait for the other guy to get ready? If he's not ready and you are, then you're the one doing something right. The other guy is the one that ****ed up. Don't get it twisted.

Comment

It dont think it was an illegal punch. But its not very classy to pretend you want to touch gloves and instead throw a pucnh

Comment

Originally posted by SharpBoxing View Post
            It dont think it was an illegal punch. But its not very classy to pretend you want to touch gloves and instead throw a pucnh
            Class??? In boxing?? Come on, man. The objective is to hurt the other guy more than he hurts you. You're talking about class in a sport like this?? Sorry. Me personally, I don't believe in that **** in boxing. If I wanted to touch gloves with my opponent and he shot a right straight right after we touched, I would be pissed. Not at him, but at myself for falling for it. It's a mental sport as much as a physical sport. You'd better be ready for all the dirty tactics coming your way.

Comment

Look at all these clowns trying to cover up floods dirty tactics ...

These baboons don't have a clue about sportsmanship.

Fact is its a b1tch move a ***** move no matter how much u try to sugarcoat it.

He did it to mosely gatti Ortiz etc........

This is a professional sport not a bar fight or street fight. And its a shame when clowns don't act professional and shame the sport ..

Imagine if Ortiz did it to floyd and won by k.o. lol ... none of these clowns would be saying what they say now trying to act like the punch was legit.

Comment

What a dirty fighter SMH

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post

This is a professional sport not a bar fight or street fight. And its a shame when clowns don't act professional and shame the sport ..

Imagine if Ortiz did it to floyd and won by k.o. lol ... none of these clowns would be saying what they say now trying to act like the punch was legit.
                  If Ortiz did it to Floyd, I would think its just and fair also. You're right. He did the same thing to Mosley and Gatti. If you listen to what people were saying back then, they were actually supporting it. Listen to the commentators. They all said "Protect yourselves at all times." The only difference in Ortiz's case was that it was a knock out. So now everyone is singing a different tune .

Ok, now you're turn. If Pacquiao did it, what would you be thinking? Because to be honest, when I watched the Pacquiao vs Mosley fight, I actually watched it at a Filipino house with my friend's whole family. And every time Pacquiao and Mosley touched gloves, they were all screaming "WTH! JUST KNOCK HIM OUT! NEXT TIME MOSLEY PUTS OUT HIS HAND LIKE THAT JUST KNOCK HIM OUT!" They were actually supporting a "sucker" punch when it came to Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post

Look at this sensitive little sissy crying about a punch..... a legal punch...... during a boxing match.

God damn. This is the ultimate blood and guts sport, and you fools act like it's a tickling contest.

"BOO FLOYD! That wasn't very nice!"

GTFO. Punching people in the head for a living isn't supposed to be nice.

I've said it a million times.... for such a tough guy sport, the majority of it's fans act like little girls. If you can't take it, go watch ballet... seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X