No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn/PBC and American Boxing needs the White Fanbase to come back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    Alright, how about Guillermo Rigondeaux over Ramos and Marroquin?

I agree. America should but it wont any time soon. It is something far too embedded in our DNA. We cheer and embrace those whom look like us most. It gives us pride and joy to see someone who resembles us become successful. I guess it gives us hope...

It really is a deep subject that is far too often overlooked or silenced because of the risk it brings. However, those are the topics that need most attention.
    With Ramos or Marroquin I think it was a case of people being more intrigued by the two-time Olympic gold medalist and wanting to see what he could do, especially against two relatively no-name guys.

And it's not like Rigo has ever been overly popular with fans of any race.

Comment

Because for the most part white American fighters suck. Occasionally you'll get a good one like Tommy Morrison, or Kelly Pavlik or Caleb Plant but those are very few.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Because for the most part white American fighters suck. Occasionally you'll get a good one like Tommy Morrison, or Kelly Pavlik or Caleb Plant but those are very few.
        And for the most part (with some exceptions) mainstream white America has never excelled at boxing.

The great fighters were usually of Irish or Italian or Jewish descent.
        Sulllivan, Dempsey, Ross, Leonard, Pep, Marciano.

You didn't see a lot of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant champs.

Comment

LOL?? Why does boxing need a white fan base when MMA fighters make considerably less then headlining boxers.

Connor McGregor made more money in one boxing match than he made in his entire MMA career. After he got his boxing money then he decided to not give a single Fμ€K and ruin his MMA career.

If MMA was so lucrative then why is Dana White trying to dabble in boxing? MMA has no stars except a coked out Jon Jones. Boxing has Canelo, Garcia, Wilder, Fury, AJ, Spence, Pacquiao, Lomachenko, and GGG.

And if he ever comes back, who's the HIGHEST paid athlete in the WORLD?? Floyd retired gets more attention that ANY MMA fighter.

Three of those names are white and Canelo has white genes. I dont see a lack of white stars. If you are looking for a white star out of America then you are $h!t out of luck.

White people in America dont play sports, they play video games and watch ****. Good luck getting the average white kid to do any thing but sit on their @$$ all day. They dont even play baseball anymore which is supposed to be our heritage sport.

Hockey and Baseball are mostly white and MLB is mostly American yet 90% of the best players are foreign. MLB has resorted to juicing the baseball instead of players to get ratings. Hockey is below college sports in America despite being nearly All White.

They ran to MMA because they dont like to compete with people of color. I highly doubt they want to fight people like AJ, Spence and Wilder. Canelo had to find a Euro white.

Go look at the NBA. Nobody is telling white kids no to try and they just volunteered to give up. If it wasnt for QBs and the offensive line in the NFL they would exist there either.

Mike Trout is the best white athlete in America yet people barely know him. He could walk into the middle of Times Sq in NYC and 99% wouldnt know who he is despite him being from the next state over New Jersey.

So why does the sport need a great white hope when white people dont box or support their own outside of football??

Again, If MMA is so great why is Dana trying to get into boxing if MMA is such a cash cow and boxing is losing because the need of a white star??

We havent had a big star white in outside of football (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning) since Mark McGuire and Larry Bird. Dirk Nowitzki has never been the biggest star in the NBA and that has a worldwide audience. Who's the biggest NBA jersey seller in China? It sure isnt Gordon Hayworth or even Jeremy Lin.

I dont see how you can have a great white hope when white people have given up hope. White parents are telling their kids they cant compete despite Euro fighters/Athletes proving otherwise. Thats just facts. I dont see you getting them to tune in when they rather wank it or play video games.

No one is saying they cant compete but you have to be will to try without a crutch. They have all resources to yet dont want to take their lumps when they dont succeed and come back stronger from defeat.
          Last edited by Joe Gans Louis; 05-27-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

That's why the PBC got Pac and DAZN got GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              That's why the PBC got Pac and DAZN got GGG
              Those are interesting examples because it kind of disproves the OP.

Neither Pac or GGG are white, but both have broad appeal in White America. Shows that it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                The older white US male does not stream.

We have money and will pay $79 for ease of ppv.

That is why a Dazn is not working.
                If the white guys are the reason dazn is not working as you narrated and you guys have money
                Why are the white guys not paying to watch wilder on TV cable network? Is wilder fighting on dazn as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                  It is the same in the UK. Racial segregation is rife in the UK too.
                  There is no racial segregation at all in the UK. We have lots of recent immigrants nowadays who have not had time to fully integrate with the mainstream culture, and a lot more Muslims who tend to stick together because of religious, cultural, and language barriers, but that's not the same as segregation.

Brits who are born and raised in the UK do not separate themselves from each other because of their racial heritage, which is why we never have US style race riots or racial unrest over here. We sometimes have violent protests by young black residents of poor urban areas who say they are being unfairly targeted by the police, but whenever that happens you can guarantee that the white youths who live in those same areas will come out and join in the protest, because they view themselves as being part of the same community as their black neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                    If the white guys are the reason dazn is not working as you narrated and you guys have money
                    Why are the white guys not paying to watch wilder on TV cable network? Is wilder fighting on dazn as well?
                    More to the point, why do most of them not even bother tuning in to watch Wilder's fights, when they have already payed for the cable service anyway!?
                    Last edited by kafkod; 05-27-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

What are the latest racial stats on boxing vs UFC? I don't recall them being THAT extreme a few years back.

And how good were Plant's numbers?

I think the big difference between the UFC & boxing is the UFC gives fans the fights they wanna see more regularly while boxing wants to milk every dime they can outta fans for a big fight. And lotsa fans, maybe a majority of them being white, have drifted over to UFC for that main reason. I tend to doubt more notable white fighters in fights few care about does much of anything.

That said boxing does appear to be the only sport around where guys can get a fanbase off of being a certain race in the US, but I tend to think that's only a certain type of fan that cares about that sh^t which is a smaller % of people than most fans thus its not having THAT much of an impact.

Comment

Working...
                      X