Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Viewership Went Down During Lara-Gausha Main Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    PBC should've made Lara/Gaushau the opening fight and made Charlo/Lubin the last fight given the fact that the Charlo and Lubin have star potential while Lara is what he is and Gausha has a far lower profile.

Frankly, this imo was inexcusable for the PBC team to not plan this better. Lara, while highly skilled, should NEVER headline a major card at this stage of his career.
    Bingo your exactly right. I hate sounding like a hater but Pbc just really sucks sometimes, pbc ratings on showtime have just tanked overall, as others have said haymon should stick to advising and let the promoters do the promoting

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      I feel the situation would've been better resolved simply by swapping the opponents in the top two bouts. Lara vs Charlo and Lubin vs Gausha. Of course Lara is going to headline since he's #1 and has the biggest purse, the problem is the opponent. Gausha wasn't mandatory so I don't even know why he was picked

Santa Cruz and Mares should have been fighting each other on the FOX show too. Poor match-making all round last Saturday
      Exactly. Lubin wasn’t ready for that step up. It should’ve been Lubin vs Gausha and Charlo vs Lara.

Or if Charlo and Lara won’t fight then at least Lara vs Hurd.

Comment

lara literally does nothing most of the time. if he wasn't with al haymon he wouldn't even be on television.

i'd like for his fans to show up in this thread and tell me why they like him.

Comment

Jhonny changed the channel..

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Exactly. Lubin wasn’t ready for that step up. It should’ve been Lubin vs Gausha and Charlo vs Lara.

Or if Charlo and Lara won’t fight then at least Lara vs Hurd.
            there's no incentive for Lara to fight anyone with a pulse....go drain that money tree, Lara!

Comment

If they made Lara vs Gausha the opening bout, the average viewer would've never seen Charlo or Hurd fight. They would've been sound asleep

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                there's no incentive for Lara to fight anyone with a pulse....go drain that money tree, Lara!
                There isn’t really anyone with a pulse for him to fight either. All the challenges are at 160. Outside of Charlo nobody at 154 can beat him.

Comment

Working...
                X