Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMJ says his undefeated record is his legacy. If he loses would you consider him ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    If that is the case then I agree with him it is his legacy.

He is up there with Sven Ottke.
    and also with joe calzaghe and julio cesar chavez jr.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      If Legacies and greatness were determined by an unbeaten record then Marciano, Calzaghe and Ottke would be the top 3 greatest fighters of all time. Floyd has pretty much trod water for the peak years of his career and he could have done so much more.

He is an ATG fighter, no doubt about that for me, but he simply hasnt fought the very best fighters around at the zenith of his career, in fact he has actually avoided them. Its only my opinion, but I reckon people will always take that into account when evaluating his standing 20-30 years from now, and the 'reasons' he gave for not fighting the likes of Cotto, Margarito,Pacquiao etc. will look pretty bad.

Its quite frustrating as a boxing fan because I would have made him favourite to have beaten all his contemparies, just going purely off his attributes against theirs. The only guy I see giving him a really hard time is Pacquiao, but I would still bet on Floyd winning that on points.

A great fighter he is, but could have achieved so much more if his hunger for glory was even half his hunger for money.
      You just Mike Haynes'd this thread.
      Last edited by Mike Haynes; 10-25-2011, 01:15 PM. Reason: name change

Comment

its a great streak one that he gets no credit for, and that includes his opponent listing [im fine with his resume personally] but he MUST FIGHT and most importantly defeat pacquiao in order for the public to see it almost as greatly as he already does.

This is a must, if fights manny a loss for floyd because of pac may get him more respect than his resume already does believe it or not..

Comment

Undefeated records mean nothing except for promotional purposes. It's who you beat that counts. I'd rather see a fighter push himself to the limit than see him go through his career relatively unchallenged.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
            its a great streak one that he gets no credit for, and that includes his opponent listing [im fine with his resume personally] but he MUST FIGHT and most importantly defeat pacquiao in order for the public to see it almost as greatly as he already does.

This is a must, if fights manny a loss for floyd because of pac may get him more respect than his resume already does believe it or not..
            you hit it on the spot very well.....

respect....

that is what is missing on floyd's resume....

so many people ignore floyd's very good accomplishments...

for they are not in a position to see much as their eyes are focused on who of the great fighters are still not in floyd's list of vanquished opponents....

so many other fighters are undefeated,,,but not even in the hof list

Comment

ATG? Probably. But i still feel like he needs to close his career with some good wins from his long absence. Probably one of the most talented in boxing today, his timing is just crazy, i like his fights(though his last one was a biter win). Hope he stays active for the rest of the good fights that are left for him.

Comment

[QUOTE=figzuki;11332963]you cannot be serious dude, cotto would destroy that fool....

I don't know about Cotto destroying Hatton,he might win but he is not leaps ahead of Hatton..I would have bet on Hatton head they met prime for prime..Hatton was just a grity bastard had to love him,I don't know why he get's so much hate on this forum..

Comment

A loss now would not hurt Floyds legacy. Carefully chosing opponents and passing on risky fights hurt more than a loss or two.

Comment

hes an ATG alright, but its at ducking and dodging

but in terms of boxing legacy hes not even in the top 500

Comment

Working...
                    X