Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could any current Welterweight go the distance with Sugar Ray Robinson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if roger can drop whitaker i think sugar ray can stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
      I see Paul Williams making him quit
      You're always good for a laugh. Williams gets hit way too easily, Robinson puts him to sleep.

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      I think Robinson's footwork is outstanding, especially in the late 40's and early 50's. Not so much in the late 50's when he had lost his legs but he was always in position to punch with full leverage behind each punch.

Whitaker could because after all he went the distance with Trinidad having suffered a broken jaw. He had the toughness and the defensive ability. Robinson's combination of greater size along with the speed, power and accuracy he possessed might end up being too much though.
      I just noticed the "current" part, but thanks. Looks like 12 rounds maybe, but probably not 15 for Sweet Pea.

Comment

Ray Robinson has gone the distance with lesser opposition than Mayweather and Pacquiao. Not saying they would win but people saying that they'd get KTFO inside 3 rounds is just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
          if roger can drop whitaker i think sugar ray can stop him.
          Roger could hit though, was a 2 division champion and Whitaker was in his 11th professional fight I believe. I agree however that Robinson could hurt Whitaker and he would do a better job of finishing than Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Roger could hit though, was a 2 division champion and Whitaker was in his 11th professional fight I believe. I agree however that Robinson could hurt Whitaker and he would do a better job of finishing than Roger.
            honestly i'll probably suggest sugar ray could stop every fighter from ww to light heavy i admire that man just that much.

floyd is what's now but sugar ray will always be the greatest ever imo no one can compare in my mind.

Comment

I think Clottey might last twelve rounds. Might not be televised though.

Comment

Mayweather would match him over 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushcutters Bay View Post
                  I think Clottey might last twelve rounds. Might not be televised though.
                  Showtime would pick it up

Comment

Guys that would go in a defensive shell probably would like Clottey and Mayweather if Mayweather decided to go full defense and forget about offense

Guys that like to engage would get stopped IMO so Cotto, Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley.

There is a chance that Robinson wouldn't got for the knockout of course and just box but if this is prime 147 Robinson most guys would get stopped.

Comment

12 rounds yeah i think the elite guys could hang in there

15 rounds only the best of the elite

and i dont think any of them would win tho guys like sweat pea and floyd have a chance due to there D but an offencive guys like pac and p will? come on man SRR would put them to sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X