No announcement yet.

Jordan Ali or Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan easy...

While the "GOAT" label for boxers is always in debate, Jordan is recognized as the Best Basketball Player of All Time. He's the only guy that unbiased announcers, critics, etc can get away with calling the best.

Multiple MVP Awards
    Multiple Scoring titles
    1st Team All NBA (how many times?)
    1st Team All NBA Defense (how many times?)
    6 World titles
    Famous Freethrow dunk
    MJ vs Dominique Dunk Contest

****, then totally revolutionizing the sneaker industry with taking the swoosh off his nike brand sneaker (which at the time was unheard of). His sneakers have been on the market for more than 20 years!! Countless endorsements ranging from Gatorade to Hanes.

I know this is a Boxing site, but it's Michael Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by -√ictory- View Post
      the poll shoulda been jordan,ali, and pele.out of these 3, jordan.
      Don't forget Maradona. Difficult to say all these guys are pretty much on the same level but worldwide Maradona or Tyson could be the most well known or maybe Ali or Pele.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Jordan easy...

While the "GOAT" label for boxers is always in debate, Jordan is recognized as the Best Basketball Player of All Time. He's the only guy that unbiased announcers, critics, etc can get away with calling the best.

Multiple MVP Awards
        Multiple Scoring titles
        1st Team All NBA (how many times?)
        1st Team All NBA Defense (how many times?)
        6 World titles
        Famous Freethrow dunk
        MJ vs Dominique Dunk Contest

****, then totally revolutionizing the sneaker industry with taking the swoosh off his nike brand sneaker (which at the time was unheard of). His sneakers have been on the market for more than 20 years!! Countless endorsements ranging from Gatorade to Hanes.

I know this is a Boxing site, but it's Michael Jordan.
        magic and bird were better than jordan.

jordan is overrated.

i'd draft kareem , chamberlain , russell , robertson , magic , bird , isiah , west all over jordan.

Comment

Jordan is more known then ali now adays in my opinion... And rightfully so since he is more part of this generation then ali is. Even though Jordan hasn't played basketball for awhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            magic and bird were better than jordan.

jordan is overrated.

i'd draft kareem , chamberlain , russell , robertson , magic , bird , isiah , west all over jordan.
            None of those guys were the total package Jordan was. He could defend, score, come through in the clutch, pass, rebound, etc...and was always in top 5 of each statistic during his reign with the Bulls (scoring and defense #1 for 5 straight years if I'm not mistaken).

Even Magic himself states Jordan is the best player he's ever seen...

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              None of those guys were the total package Jordan was. He could defend, score, come through in the clutch, pass, rebound, etc...and was always in top 5 of each statistic during his reign with the Bulls (scoring and defense #1 for 5 straight years if I'm not mistaken).

Even Magic himself states Jordan is the best player he's ever seen...
              magic's just being nice.

if jordan is so good......why did he have to wait for the lakers , celtics , pistons to get old before winning anything?

magic , bird and isiah won multiple rings playing against other great teams.

having to go through the 80's lakers , pistons and celtics ain't exactly the same as beating the utah jazz or phoenix suns......

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                magic's just being nice.

if jordan is so good......why did he have to wait for the lakers , celtics , pistons to get old before winning anything?

magic , bird and isiah won multiple rings playing against other great teams.

having to go through the 80's lakers , pistons and celtics ain't exactly the same as beating the utah jazz or phoenix suns......
                So you're discrediting all of the Bulls championships and saying the 91 Lakers weren't a dope team????? Portland wasn't a force in the West??? C'mon homie...

As far as why it took Jordan so long, he didn't necessarily walk into the best situation when he entered the NBA. Just like Magic and Bird, he had to have a squad of role players to help him get there and eventually went on to win 6 titles. How many living players can say they LED a team to 6 World Titles and 6 Finals MVPs?

Comment

Tiger Woods.

Comment

Working...
                  X