No announcement yet.

Gloves or Open palm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves or Open palm?

Gloves or Open Palm fighting??? Which do you prefer????

I personally think open palm sucks -- too awkward.

What kinda silly question is that? You know the answer.

Comment

Glove

Comment

Glove.

Comment

i of course prefer gloves, or closed striking.

but palms offer an interesting aspect too. with palms it seems a lot more limited. this forces fighters to rethink a lot of commonly used strategies. just another way to display skill- which is cool too

Comment

i prefer the open palmed gloves of pride. it allows for technical grappling. but make no mistake i strike with my fists, i find open palm striking awkward too...

Comment

Open palm is the way to go when just starting out. Especially if it is closed fist to the body. It gets up and coming fighters the ring experience and the feel of fighting in front of large audiences. It is definetely the way to go when starting out. Some of the best fights I have seen ahev been open hand. I would still have to say closed fists/glove though.

Comment

kewl -- thanks for sharing the different opinions -- now tuff -- go vote yes for me to be mod -- go vote yes in the OT poll -- thanks

Comment

Glove

Comment

Glove. Im with you on the awkward. For me to Palm strike, I feel like my fingers could easily get broken if my aim is off, or they move the wrong way, and Its only somewhat comfortable in a downward arc, for jabs it feels very awkward.

Comment

Working...
                    X