No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora is Hoping To Land Redemption With Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora is Hoping To Land Redemption With Klitschko

DERECK CHISORA is back in the world title mix – thanks to his opponent Malik Scott getting his numbers mixed up.

The British heavyweight claimed a somewhat bizarre sixth-round win over previously unbeaten American Scott at Wembley Arena on Saturday.

Chisora immediately set his sights on a rematch with WBC champ Vitali Klitschko, who claimed a unanimous points win over him in February 2012.

He was helped to victory by the poor judgement of Scott, who was knocked to the canvas with a powerful overhand right.

The 32-year-old thought he had beat the count when he climbed to his feet and looked set to carry on, but he mis-timed his move and referee Victor Loughlin waved the fight off.

Scott said: “I counted to eight and rose and was ready to resume fighting. Everyone knows that if you are up at eight, you beat the count of 10.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't see Vitali rematching Chisora but it would be funny if he did and froze David Haye out again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I don't see Vitali rematching Chisora but it would be funny if he did and froze David Haye out again.
      If that happened, it would be a clear duck by Vitali.

However, Chisora is likely to land Wlad after he's done with Povetkin. January 2014, i'm sure they'll fight. They have unfinished business.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        If that happened, it would be a clear duck by Vitali.

However, Chisora is likely to land Wlad after he's done with Povetkin. January 2014, i'm sure they'll fight. They have unfinished business.
        I think the Klitschkos said they would never fight Chisora again although Wlad v Chisora is a fight I'd like to see (Smoger as ref).

However, I think Chisora might well still be wanted by law enforcement in Germany.

Comment

Make it fair, Vitali can only use one hand.

Comment

Vitali is fighting Stiverne in December and then retiring.

Comment

Is Vitali still fighting?

Comment

If Chisora wants a rematch, it will be against Wladimir down the line. Which would be a good match up.

Comment

So the hypejob starts...Fans forget that while most fights are real,
                  the 'dive' is still a thing that happens. Boxers spar 100's of rounds,
                  so it can look real as hell until the "moment". Scott & Ref got paid,
                  And Chiz is now back in the mix..if it smells like fish,dont eat it

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Vitali is fighting Stiverne in December and then retiring.
                    Sounds realistic. Although he could give Haye a shot next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X