Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has more potential to be the bigger star, Broner or Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obviously Canelo

only Broner/Mayweather fans think Broner is relevant or will amount to anything

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
      they both look spectacular and i think both are 22? they both are being fed B- fighters at best. but the talent is certainly there. who do you see being the bigger star in the future?
      I don't think either one is worth a damn. It is easy to look good against C-class competition. However, once you win a world championship, you should start fighting A-class competition. Neither one has done that. Both are still fighting journeymen and guys in lower weight divisions while their promoter is hailing them as the second coming of Floyd Mayweather. If either one of them were to get into the ring with A-class competition, both would get their a.sses handed to them (if you don't believe this, go back and look at Ricky Hatton's record).

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
        Broner. Not even close. If golden boy allows floyd to get in the ring with canelo, floyd will take his soul.
        if golden boy allowed canelo to face top contenders at 154 he probably lose.

as much as i hate broner he does have talent and has been more impressive with his soft opposition than canelo has against his soft opposition

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          I don't think either one is worth a damn. It is easy to look good against C-class competition. However, once you win a world championship, you should start fighting A-class competition. Neither one has done that. Both are still fighting journeymen and guys in lower weight divisions while their promoter is hailing them as the second coming of Floyd Mayweather. If either one of them were to get into the ring with A-class competition, both would get their a.sses handed to them (if you don't believe this, go back and look at Ricky Hatton's record).
          maybe so, but at the end of the day. there isnt much a class opposition out there. u have floyd, manny, sergio, jmm, cotto. thas about it. its the b class guys they will be fighting. and i think they have as good a chance as not to beat those guys. imo, neither guy is good enough to be the next anything. they may end up hall of famers. but they are a long way from atgs or anything like that. but the major factor here is that they have time. they have plenty of time. broner hasnt exactly been protected. hes been in with decent guys and he was in with ponce at about his 20th fight. and it seems gbp is willing to send him in with anyone at 135. but he needs to step it up fast. canelo has been fighting fighters not even in his weight class. why? i dunno. but that tells me that gbp arent as confident in his abilities as some around here. i want to see him fight cotto, a fight i dont really think he wins rite now. i want broner in there with gamboa, a winnable fight for both guys. to me, those fights will tell us the reach of either of these guys and their ability to become stars or not. i know both will lose. id bet money on it, but i dont think those loses will break them.

Comment

Both guys have that kind of potential. Both need big fights though, and then we can judge them fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              obviously Canelo

only Broner/Mayweather fans think Broner is relevant or will amount to anything
              Kids, stay in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                Kids, stay in school.
                this post coming from you?

Comment

Lmao broner going no where? Hes already setting hbo records. Sit yo ass down with that bs

Comment

Both will be stars. Broner being a ppv star and canelo selling out the gates. I dont see canelo being a major ppv star.

Comment

Also depends on if there are stars in their weight divisions as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X