No announcement yet.

Tony DeMarco

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony DeMarco

I've just heard of this guy, read about him that is. He beat Johnny Saxton by TKO14 to capture the welter world title and then lost it to the great Basilio. He also beat Kid Gavilan by a 10 round decision! And Wallace Bud Smith. He also koed Chico Vejar in one round. Has anybody seen him fight?

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    I've just heard of this guy, read about him that is. He beat Johnny Saxton by TKO14 to capture the welter world title and then lost it to the great Basilio. He also beat Kid Gavilan by a 10 round decision! And Wallace Bud Smith. He also koed Chico Vejar in one round. Has anybody seen him fight?

"have you ever had a good north end pizza?" i think is the real question

check out his fights if you'd like. theres a good bit on youtube and probably a good deal more elsewhere.
    if you dont have a blast watching him fight you gotta check your blood pressure
    two wars with basillio are a good place to start

he was a terrific WW. small. big puncher.
    fought out most of his prime at the boston garden

he is still alive.

Comment

I have a bunch of his fights. If they are around I recommend watching the two title bouts with Basilio, they were classics.

I seen him on tv last year and he looks great considering he fought Basilio over fifty years ago.

Comment

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/col...end_ever_knew/

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          YES about time a Tony DeMarco thread...... Pastrano, Tony is one of the most exciting fighters to ever live.... I have seen about five fights (not all of them in entirety),.. with Tony, and two of them are among the greatest visual and horrendously brutal fights I have ever seen. These were his two losses to carmen Basilio who is a god in my eyes, and these were all out wars. His greatest assets were his explosive punching power, this dude hit as hard as Hearns,,, he hit maybe harder than Robinson. Basilio's knees almost give way on several occasions, and oncr DeMarco slammed a nuclear bomb on Carmen and sent him careening across the ring, how Basilio survived these rounds CANNOT be understood by an average human being,.... well, Carmens chin eventually broke Tony and DeMarco crumbled under Carmens vicious body and chin shots..... My Norse friend, I insist you watch DeMarco in his KO wins that exist, PM me if you have trouble finding footage... I can assist...... and TheGreatA probably can too......... Enjoy, you Viking marauder of the Baltic..... LOL... couldn't resist that.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            YES about time a Tony DeMarco thread...... Pastrano, Tony is one of the most exciting fighters to ever live.... I have seen about five fights (not all of them in entirety),.. with Tony, and two of them are among the greatest visual and horrendously brutal fights I have ever seen. These were his two losses to carmen Basilio who is a god in my eyes, and these were all out wars. His greatest assets were his explosive punching power, this dude hit as hard as Hearns,,, he hit maybe harder than Robinson. Basilio's knees almost give way on several occasions, and oncr DeMarco slammed a nuclear bomb on Carmen and sent him careening across the ring, how Basilio survived these rounds CANNOT be understood by an average human being,.... well, Carmens chin eventually broke Tony and DeMarco crumbled under Carmens vicious body and chin shots..... My Norse friend, I insist you watch DeMarco in his KO wins that exist, PM me if you have trouble finding footage... I can assist...... and TheGreatA probably can too......... Enjoy, you Viking marauder of the Baltic..... LOL... couldn't resist that.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks mate, you didn't have to go thru all this trouble, hehe. You rule!

Comment

Working...
                    X