No announcement yet.

I hired a personal trainer so....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hired a personal trainer so....

Yeah, I am really wanting to start amateur fighting the top of 2011. They trainer I hired, is a former pro football player, but has little boxing knowledge. So what should I tell him I want to focus on?

Mainly for me I want to be in a lighter weight class, and improve my endurance. I am also taking boxing classes at the MMA school I attend, by a former pro boxer.

Thanks in advance, BTW, I am female 24 live in Atlanta.

If he has little boxing knowledge, stay away and be cautious, If hes a pro football player, I'm sure he can help you get really conditioned and in fighting shape, but as for in terms of being a competent fighter, you need to learn skills from somebody who knows them.

But if you're getting trained by a former pro, you should be good.

Nothing to focus on, you need EVERYTHING trained for fighting, It's daunting.

Theres so much to discuss I don't even know where to begin.

Comment

I haven't had much time to talk with the boxing teacher at my school, But what i am thinking is, conditioning, strength training, and endurance building. Another trainer in his company has trained boxers, So I am guessing it should be hard for him to talk to him and get work outs for it. I am getting these training lessons at darn steal. So I need to jump on this.

But the main I want him to do his help me get in a lighter class, if I am training with him 3x a week doing mma 3-4x a week and doing cardio 2x daily is this to much? When I met Paul Williams he was running every night for a couple hours, like i literally met him while he was running.

Comment

yes, the easiest way to lower your weight is changing your diet and Doing a ton of cardio, run run run. Yes, Paul williams redicilous. Hes a massive man, who can fight at a redicilous weight class. Love him.

No its not too much, People ask if thier routine is too much constantly. Do it hard as you can. As you get into better shape, your body will be able to keep up with a bigger work load and youll be able to train more often.

Comment

Paul Williams is a freak of nature, he can likely do things that would leave you or I burnt out quickly.

I used to go jogging and I used to lift weights. At the moment I do BJJ, and I've felt faster strength and stamina improvements from doing BJJ than I did from working out and doing cardio. So my advice would be to just focus on your boxing and MMA. You'll get pushed hard, but you body will adapt quicker than you expect.

I know you're female so your body and aims are going to be a bit different, but I think the principle is likely the same.

How many times per week do you usually train? If you're already very active then adding an extra session will probably be fine. But if you're just getting into this then jumping straight in with 3 MMA, 3 personal training and 14 cardio sessions will be too much for your body to take. In fact I'd imagine that doing cardio 2x per day would be a bit much for anyone unless it's low intensity like walking.

If someone already pretty active and in training is looking to lose weight I think that modifying their diet will probably do more good than adding extra training.

Comment

those agility ladder things seem pretty cool and i think football players use them alot. id imagine your trainer might know a few things on that to help with agility.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAshland View Post
              Yeah, I am really wanting to start amateur fighting the top of 2011. They trainer I hired, is a former pro football player, but has little boxing knowledge. So what should I tell him I want to focus on?

Mainly for me I want to be in a lighter weight class, and improve my endurance. I am also taking boxing classes at the MMA school I attend, by a former pro boxer.

24 is a bit late to start boxing sweet heart, I mean if you want to compete and accomplish something sport wise. I dig the trainer thing and those classes to stay fit. Good luck. Friendly advise, spar as much as you can.

Comment

24 is to late,... http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=165702

Comment

Don't let anybody tell you 24 is too late ma. Stick to your vision and you'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAshland View Post

first of all... we nid to see ur ****... or gtfo.

Comment

Working...
                    X