Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Iceman who you got as prediction for Pavlik vs. Hopkins and what do you think of the skills of the mighty warrior Charles Zelenoff do you think if you trained him he could be a champion?

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
      Hey Iceman who you got as prediction for Pavlik vs. Hopkins and what do you think of the skills of the mighty warrior Charles Zelenoff do you think if you trained him he could be a champion?
      Please don't ruin a good thing we have going.

Comment

Hey iceman I got a tough question for you: who do you like better us or the eaztsideboxing boyz?

and 2nd: can you post some pictures from your life, you your friends, other pro boxers you know/met etc. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
          Lynn Swann, #1 pick out of USC in 1974 for the Steelers...#88...born in Alcoa, Tennessee...lived in Marina Del Ray, Cali as a player...made 300K a year as the highest paid WR in NFL at the time he retired in 1982? That guy? Nah, no restraining order. Was a big fan,though

As for the ICEMAN nickname...when I was a kid in my neighborhood ranking on people's heads was the big thing...big head, apple head, rock head etc...Al Graham, hook head Al, said I had a square shaped head..like a box....an icebox...came to my amateur fights..."Come on, Iceblock!!" AND BAM, a nickname was born...

Yes, I started calling Chad BAD when he was about 14 or so..

To tell u the truth, I dont think the McClellan injury was talked about all that much in the gyms I was at...it came up, but not as much as umight have thought it would have...

haha ICE BLOCK HEAD....LOL

thats a good one.

Comment

Iceman lets talk about your career from 96-01, as a pro boxer that time had to be very hard for you. Starting off the year knocking out a very over matched Jose Feliciano, you lost a UD to Henry Maske for the IBF title in Germany, lost two more UD's, one in Germany, and one in your very own hometown of Hartford.

After bouncing back with a gimmie win by tko over Scott Lopeck, you were for the first time (and only) knocked out by Drake Thadzi in Boston, then lost two more fights.

My question is, how gratifying, how fulfilling and how much of a confidence booster did you get after getting the victory over Cleveland Nelson? Going into the fight you had to be viewed as the underdog, Nelson was fresh on the scene but then coming of his very first ko loss. In picking you, in my opinion, I think his handlers saw someone with a credible record who could make Nelson look good because you had the credible record but also an easy fight since you were in such a skid. I imagine it had to feel good, to pull off the so called "upset" against a younger boxer tried to you use to get back on track and to get that final throwback win, to show people that you still had skills and to end the career you had with a win most thought you wouldnt get.

Sorry I had to get into journalist mode lol

Comment

Funny thing. I was gonna make this thread right after I made my Jin Mosley one. And with two simulataneous thread involving two bona fide boxing figures, I figured I was gonna be invited onto the BoxingScene.com team and I could quit my job and move to America and be Big Poppa's minion.

Anyway...

Ice..

I've always wondered what it felt like being knocked out/down.

Could you try is as vividly as you possibly can? I know you're probably saving a kick ass description for your book, but I'm impatient and want to know now.

Cheers, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                Funny thing. I was gonna make this thread right after I made my Jin Mosley one. And with two simulataneous thread involving two bona fide boxing figures, I figured I was gonna be invited onto the BoxingScene.com team and I could quit my job and move to America and be Big Poppa's minion.

Anyway...

Ice..

I've always wondered what it felt like being knocked out/down.

Could you try is as vividly as you possibly can? I know you're probably saving a kick ass description for your book, but I'm impatient and want to know now.

Cheers, man.
                Great question!

I was going to ask him the same.

Comment

Another question for you.

What do you really think of Joe Calazaghe aka Calslappy aka Mr Slaptastic aka Joey Delusional aka The Ducker aka Fanny Slaps.

At the end of the day, is beating Kessler and Lacy enough?

Comment

I got a question:

What was the Gerald McClellan vs Roy Jones fight in the AM's like?
                    and what was the best fight you have ever seen?

Comment

Final question for tonight Ice.

I read in another thread you saying that you thought you were often a better fighter in sparring than in your actual fights.

How come?

Comment

Working...
                      X