No announcement yet.

Floyd Considering His Father As a Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    That's a shame. That's what I was hoping for.

Wouldn't mind Canelo-Angulo but I'd prefer someone else like Kirkland. If not Cotto or Trout.

As for Mayweather-Guererro, I honestly like the fight. It think it's a solid win (if he wins) against the highest ranked WW other than himself.

Especially if he fights Canelo also.
    Guerrero at any other point in time would be a decent fight. But at this stage of Floyd's career, he's not quite the fighter I wanna see him in against as he heads toward retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      He'd be a last choice IMO. Nothing I would get excited about at all - especially with a Canelo fight out there. And I don't think Floyd could get excited about it either.

agreed. guerrero fight does nothing for me, and Im pretty sure it does nothing for floyd. I want canelo or martinez (lol wishful thinking i know it aint happenin...)

Comment

Can't see Floyd fighting Guerrero. Just can't. He'll roll over and go back to bed before he trains for that. I don't know, maybe I'm bugging out. But I think the Guerrero thing is a smokescreen. If not, it's an "ehhh" fight.
        This time last year I thought the same but after his two wins against Top 10 WW's, I honestly wouldn't mind it, infact, I'd like it.

Don't get me wrong, if that's his sole fight of 2013 then I'd be disappointed. I'm going off the assumption he's going to fight twice.

And if he does, I like the fight.

Comment

That's a shame. That's what I was hoping for.

Wouldn't mind Canelo-Angulo but I'd prefer someone else like Kirkland. If not Cotto or Trout.

As for Mayweather-Guererro, I honestly like the fight. It think it's a solid win (if he wins) against the highest ranked WW other than himself.

Especially if he fights Canelo also.
          Trout would be the best fight for Canelo to really prove something. I wouldn't mind Kirkland or Angulo though either. I'd rather see Cotto take an easier fight like Bundrage next, just to end his losing streak now. Than who knows, maybe we could see Cotto fight Trout in a rematch, Canelo than, Angulo/Kirkland, etc.

I just can't be overly excited for Floyd-Guerrero. I think Berto was a better win in April 2011 when Ortiz beat him than he was in November 2012 when Guerrero did. Though I can't knock Floyd if he fights Guerrero, he's a Top 3 WW right now. It's on the level of Pac-Clottey in my opinion. A decent fight against a top ranked WW, but it does nothing for him really.

Comment

Guerrero at any other point in time would be a decent fight. But at this stage of Floyd's career, he's not quite the fighter I wanna see him in against as he heads toward retirement.
            True, true.

He only has a few fights left, max.

But who else is out there? Not many.

Comment

True, true.

He only has a few fights left, max.

But who else is out there? Not many.
              There's really only Canelo Alvarez, Danny Garcia, Robert Guerrero, and not much else the next 1-2 years of possible fights for him.

Comment

• Since I'm going to see the fight I really hope and pray it's Canelo I have no desire to see him and the Ghost; the only Ghost I care to see live is Styles P.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  I think it's Canelo; if he training with his father it's well known he doesn't want his son fighting Southpaws. Plus Floyd has been sparring with MW righty's not exactly sounding like a tune with Guerrero IMO.
                  Yeah I noticed that. He's sparring with J'Leon Love. I didn't want to look into it too much but it does seem like he's anticipating fighting Canelo.

Comment

• I think there is a chance of it being Canelo and Martinez
                    I know people are saying no way he fights Sergio but I have a feeling it could happen at 154
                    I think Sergio does things that a fighter like Floyd can capitalise on
                    If Floyd takes on Canelo in may then I expect a bigger fight in sept

Comment

• Golden Boy wanted him & Canelo to fight now; Cinco De Mayo is a bigger date than the Mexican independence day. Look at the # Oscar 2.4, Mosley 1.4, Cotto 1.5; compared to Marquez 1.04,Ortiz 1.25. Floyd realistically has to know a Guerrero fight is meaniless the only he loses to him is if he lost every bit skill he had in jail. My Guess is Canelo in May for that good money and Sept is iffy but I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X