No announcement yet.

How to increase arm stamina?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase arm stamina?

Whenever i'm sparring with 16 oz gloves on, my shoulders and biceps always feel like noodles after like 2 rounds.

I keep my hands sky high like Winky Wright because I think I'm cursed with a glass chin.

And that style suits me very well, aside from the obvious fact that I can't keep my hands up after a while.

I'm doing work on the speed bag for arm stamina, and medicine ball training, also your standard floorwork.

Any other tips?

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
    Whenever i'm sparring with 16 oz gloves on, my shoulders and biceps always feel like noodles after like 2 rounds.

I keep my hands sky high like Winky Wright because I think I'm cursed with a glass chin.

And that style suits me very well, aside from the obvious fact that I can't keep my hands up after a while.

I'm doing work on the speed bag for arm stamina, and medicine ball training, also your standard floorwork.

Any other tips?
    plenty of things you can do,

one you can build it by having your coach do a full round with 30 sec intervals of one-two's and switching to uppercuts, for about 3 rounds at a time til you build the endurance for more, if the coach isn't available do it on a heavy bag, make short snappy one-two's non-stop for a round straight, and break for 30 sec. and keep going, also gotta make sure you master your breathing.

another thing that's quite unique that I have my guys do is sit down indian style and punch in a one-two sequence upward, that builds shoulder endurance.

some examples for you to try

Comment

A lot of stamina come from having strong shoulders. There are many exercises you could do like pull ups (different variations focus more on your back/shoulders) to increase your stamina when throwing punches.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post

Any other tips?
        Shadow box everyday at home at full speed. That is how I got much better stamina in my arms. 10 to 15 min everyday at home while you watch tv or listen to your mp3. In a couple of weeks you will have god like endurance in your arms. Btw how do you know you have a glass chin? there are a couple of ways you can strengthen your chin. by building up your neck, chew 3 to 5 chewing gums at the same time to strengthen your jaw. Another jaw exercise you look up at the ceiling and open and close your mouth. Neck training should be enough but a strong jaw will make you less likely to get KO'd by a shot to the chin

Comment

learning to realx and control your breath in the ring and getting into the zone, so to speak, will help with your stamina big time....

sounds like some starwars jedi voodoo but being relxed in there will help with everything....

fata$$ james toney who eats mcdonalds all day and probably hasnt doen road work since he was at smw can go twelve rounds and not have a heart attack because of the way he i able to relax in there....

it will help your sense of anticipation for defense and offense too.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
            learning to realx and control your breath in the ring and getting into the zone, so to speak, will help with your stamina big time....

sounds like some starwars jedi voodoo but being relxed in there will help with everything....

fata$$ james toney who eats mcdonalds all day and probably hasnt doen road work since he was at smw can go twelve rounds and not have a heart attack because of the way he i able to relax in there....

it will help your sense of anticipation for defense and offense too.
            Good point! one thing I think about when I sparr is to relax my shoulders. that is the most importent thing. Relax your shoulders then your whole body usually gets relaxed. Tense shoulders=stiff punches, tense back/neck, energy draining.

Comment

also you can see all the punches and roll with them when relaxed....

if its hard to do at first it will take time and experience....

also fealling confident and loose will help

some deap breathing excercises that will help you relax:

inhale all the way in and expand your stomach and exhale...

allot of people breath backwards and pull ther stomach in on the inhale and they dont get the oxygen to the lower part of the lungs which is important(for some reason i forgot)

if your up for it yoga and meditation works if you have time for it even if yo think its silly might be worth a try

Comment

throw nonstop punches(heavybag or just thin air) without an interval for atleast 3 minutes, build it up when you're feelin cocky, set a goal for yourself and let it burn baby, let it burn
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                  throw nonstop punches(heavybag or just thin air) without an interval for atleast 3 minutes, build it up when you're feelin cocky, set a goal for yourself and let it burn baby, let it burn
                  this too! ^^^^^

Comment

This might help. I do it at home and it's a good little workout.

Comment

Working...
                    X