Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what has wlad improved on since corrie sanders fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
    his record....also he will beat haye...people tend to forget haye's crappy 2 heavyweight fights...he should of fought arreola instead..... anyways,it is boring the way he fights,but funny thing is he keeps on winning and still selling out arenas in germany....
    I would have sold my nads to see Arreola go toe to toe with him.

Comment

He bum fought and made sure he didnt face speed and power at the same time, plus he fought guys who were over weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
        Vitali and Wlad are BUMS! Look at the records, David Aye is da real champion bruv, he has mopped up da Havyweight division bruv, he destroyt dat giant twat Valuev who is da baddest boxer on dis planet bruv. innit funny Wlad/Vitali ducked da Olympic Champ Audley arrison? Wlad ain naffin bruv, David 'aye gunna wrek dis wanker bruv, beliv dat innit.
        ahahahahaahahahhahaha

Comment

Lol ... now back to the question, Wlad has improved a lot of things such as his stamina and defence mainly. The thing about defence is that a lot of people think that defending is about having a strong guard or moving his body, but Wlad has managed to get a great defence and at the same time gained a massive offence by using his jab. When he uses the jab he gets out of range for his rival's punches, but at the same time as he's so tall, he hits his opponents and wears them down just to be KOd at the end of the fight. Most HW have higher KO % in early rounds, however Wlad has a higher KO % in latter rounds after he has wear down his opponents only by using his jab.

Yeah, he's not the most exciting boxer, but sure he knows how to use his height and weight to beat his rivals almost without being punched.

Comment

Doesn't lose.

Doesn't fight stupid.

Doesn't even get hit, really.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              Lol ... now back to the question, Wlad has improved a lot of things such as his stamina and defence mainly. The thing about defence is that a lot of people think that defending is about having a strong guard or moving his body, but Wlad has managed to get a great defence and at the same time gained a massive offence by using his jab. When he uses the jab he gets out of range for his rival's punches, but at the same time as he's so tall, he hits his opponents and wears them down just to be KOd at the end of the fight. Most HW have higher KO % in early rounds, however Wlad has a higher KO % in latter rounds after he has wear down his opponents only by using his jab.

Yeah, he's not the most exciting boxer, but sure he knows how to use his height and weight to beat his rivals almost without being punched.

think hes really slick, its just a shame to to cautious because his right hand shots i could atch all day. His footwork is bettwe than vitalis imo.

Comment

I give Emanuel Steward credit for making him a safety first fighter.

Comment

I can think of a few improvements:

1. He paces himself better. Early Wlad used to go all out on opponents to get the KO, a la the Mercer fight. Most of the time it worked, but after the Brewster fight, where Wlad gassed himself trying to take Brewster out and left himself vulnerable, he's been a hell of a lot more conservative. You can easily see the extent of the changes he made here by analysing the rematch.

2. He clinches a lot more. Older Wlad used to clinch, but to nowhere near the extent the modern one does, and he did it a lot less intelligently. Modern Wlad throws shots and if his opponent slips them he uses the already extended arms to clinch them up tightly and lean on them. Sometimes this has a positive effect for the opponent, as even if Wlad stuns them he doesn't follow up and they get a chance to rest and recover. Over the course of the fight though this wears out their legs and neutralises their offence.

3. He's improved his balance. Older Wlad used to flop about like Bambi, even when he wasn't hit solidly or even on the chin, and get knocked down by balance shots. Modern Wlad seems to keep his balance a lot better and as a result is more in a position to receive solid shots without such a dramatic effect. He's still vulnerable to the knockdown, but a lot less so.

4. He varies the speed, power and comitment of his jab. Older Wlad threw jabs full power every time, or so it seemed, and there were clear windows where you could get on his inside. Modern Wlad uses his left arm almost like a hypnotising snake, waving it, flicking it, parrying their own left hand, or shooting it into their face. It keeps his opponent guessing, and at arms length.

Those are a couple of the most visible changes I've seen in his style from the early days.

Comment

I keep hearing defense,what beyond throwing a million jabs has he improved defenseivly ,he keeps his opponents at the end of that jab and does not et them get inside,making for a boring ass fight.Dude in my avi would ko either brother and humiliate them.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                      I keep hearing defense,what beyond throwing a million jabs has he improved defenseivly ,he keeps his opponents at the end of that jab and does not et them get inside,making for a boring ass fight.Dude in my avi would ko either brother and humiliate them.
                      Like he KO'ed and humiliated Andrew Golota?

poster gibbers something about Bowe being past prime

Comment

Working...
                      X