Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the more interesting weekend in boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the more interesting weekend in boxing.

Pretty surprising weekend in our sport. Got kicked off with Sillakh being brought back down from his perch. People are so quick to say this prospect would do this, to such and such, but it's boxing and anything can happen. I think it is time we start to give top fighters props for fighting top fighters and start knocking these kids that look great against bums a bit down.

Then, we finally turned the page on Bernard Hopkins. Bernard is a pretty disgraceful fighter but it is what it is, and if you can do it, then do it. It's nice that Chad finally broke on through because he is super talented and now he has the title to tell the world that he's the man. Also, the next great American V American fight is simmering with Chad and Andre.

And now to cap off the weekend Paulie getting a strap. People talk **** left and right about Americans never crossing over but Paulie did the damn thing and beat a highly ranked fighter. Major props to him, especially since we all like the guy.

Overall, it was one of the most interesting and best weekends in boxing in a while. Closed the book on a legend and possibly opened up one with Dawson. That's why boxing is such a great sport, things can change in a heartbeat. You never know what you're gonna get. I can drink to that.

I was never a huge Paulie fan but I respected him. Good boxer.

Makes me proud to see someone like him crossing over into hostile territory and taking out their champion. Mostly because the judges would have tried to screw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
      I was never a huge Paulie fan but I respected him. Good boxer.

Makes me proud to see someone like him crossing over into hostile territory and taking out their champion. Mostly because the judges would have tried to screw him.
      The Paulie win was the highlight of the weekend for me. Majority of us thought Dawson would get it done but Paulie going across the world and scoring that win, by tko was shocking. Just shows that you can't sleep on anyone and with Paulies experience, he can't be looked at lightly.

Comment

Working...
      X