No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye vs. John Ruiz Early Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
    Good performance from Haye against a durable and game opponent. The victory doesn't mean a great deal, as he was expected to win, but he looked impressive doing it for the most part. All credit to Ruiz for not mauling and coming to fight, even if he might have fared better had he been the boring Ruiz of old.

We didn't learn anything other than that Haye can get the job done.
    We learnt three things. On the positive side, he has the power, as well as the speed, to trouble any Heavyweight (and he managed to make a Ruiz fight exciting, which is quite an achievement in itself). On the negative side, he was worryingly easy to hit with the jab, didn't use his own jab frequently enough, and looked absolutely exhausted at the end, none of which would bode well against either Klitschko.
    Last edited by Dave Rado; 04-04-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Nice quote by Ben Dirs of the BBC:

Let's hope sanity prevails and that Valuev is offered some cash to step aside. Haye has blasted a lungful of air into the sport of boxing, but another match against Valuev would send the heavyweight division farting round the room like a fast-deflating balloon.

Comment

Haye will hopefully beat those two boring arsed brothers

Comment

Originally posted by English puncher View Post
          right please let me enlighten you, if you are a two time world champ, it is impossible to be a bum, if you know anything about boxing you know that the guys who have lost like 70 and won 5, that fight 4 rounders, are possibly bums, and even then, i dnt like to call them bums personally, because how can you be a bum if you put your life on the line and get in the ring! reality check mate! Also ruiz is a heavyweight, show me anybody over 14st who does not have a punch, its near impossible, yes some punch harder, but come on, I would suggest you yourself actually have a fight, and then it might make you appreciate the likes of john ruiz a bit more! I'm not getting carried away, I know who ruiz is. Anybody who can watch that and say haye is not going to be a threat at hw has no place even talking about this sport, it's as obvious as his suspect chin! Seriously, too many people get caught up in the hype, i have seen videos on peoples posts of ruiz best moments in the fight....? its a fight....your going to get hit, how often you do depends, but dont expect somebody not to get hit.....rant over, im not replying to arm chair fans again if i can help it!
          I still don't feel enlightened. But If you want to claim that just because Ruiz held an alphabet belt that he was a good fighter don't let me stop you. But to me his record still speaks for itself. His best win was against a 40 year Holyfileld and the only real big names he won against were Golota, who was only famous because he had a strange fascination with Riddick Bowe's testicles and Rahman who is only famous because of one punch in his entire career. Ruiz won a chump title twice and lost it twice to two blown up middleweights and one just happened to be a very fat James Toney. And I may be wrong but there hardly quality loses for a good heavyweight fighter in his prime. And since I have been watching boxing there has been a long list of fighters who have held some version of an alphabet belt that really were not that good.
          Last edited by Ravens Fan; 04-04-2010, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            I still don't feel enlightened. But If you want to claim that just because Ruiz held an alphabet belt that he was a good fighter don't let me stop you. But to me his record still speaks for itself. His best win was against a 40 year Holyfileld and the only real big names he won against were Golota, who was only famous because he had a strange fascination with Riddick Bowe's testicles and Rahman who is only famous because of one punch in his entire career. Ruiz won a chump title twice and lost it twice to two blown up middleweights and one just happened to be a very fat James Toney. And I may be wrong but there hardly quality loses for a good heavyweight fighter in his prime. And since I have been watching boxing there has been a long list of fighters who have held some version of an alphabet belt that really were not that good.
            He's really not that good but the OP was responding to someone who claimed he's a bum. He's not a bum. And he's very durable and usually manages to rough up his opponents even when he loses. Haye doesn't deserve any credit for winning but does deserve some credit for dominating all but one round.
            Last edited by Dave Rado; 04-05-2010, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
              He's really not that good but the OP was responding to someone who claimed he's a bum. He's not a bum. And he's very durable and usually manages to rough up his opponents even when he loses. Haye doesn't deserve any credit for winning but does deserve some credit for dominating all but one round.
              Okay, maybe I will agree and I will try not to use the word bum any longer. I will just say that some of these fighters should have never been champion and it is only because the sport has been so watered down with all these ridiculous alphabet belts and weight divisions ever four pounds. That have allowed some fighters that are not really all that good, see Ruiz and a boat load of other non-deserving champs, to win belts.

Comment

Working...
              X