Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard from a pro fighter that Manny Steward is not what everybody thinks he is as a trainer.

Comment

Thats because he did not want to fight tall.

IMO, Manny as a trainer is good at making fightplans, but not very good at actually working on fighters' conditioning, technique, etc... Thats why he did so well with seasoned fighters like Lewis and Wlad, because both guys knew/know what exactly they needed for preparation and conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
        Yeah, I see what your saying. To be fair tho, that is what his life grew into.
        Yeah i suppose, its not a bad book the bit on Chavez is good the rest is average at best IMO tho, quick bit about how he dont like Vargas Mayorga and Mayweather in there no real detail. On the buisness point of it as far as i can make out that Richard Schaefer has done EVERYTHING without him Oscar wouldnt be half as rich!

Comment

Another bit in the book that i liked was when Oscar was younger and away at some national tournament, Raul Marquez got his girlfriend to fone the love of Oscars life and say she was ****ing Oscar and they were now together! Obviously De La Hoyas girl dumped him and he was CRUSHED for a LONG time about it! Hehe

Comment

So is it official Manny fighters dont have the stamina others might, i know Wlad go's the distance easily enough but thats in a fight he controlls easily at his pace with jabbing and plenty of rest with grabbing!

Comment

Working...
            X