No announcement yet.

Hagler Training Routine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler Training Routine?

Does anyone have Marvin Hagler's training routine? The man was an absolute beast in the ring.

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
    Does anyone have Marvin Hagler's training routine? The man was an absolute beast in the ring.
    He boxed.

You should try it.

Comment

i heard that hagler went to bed at 8 and got up at 4.
      he would run 15 miles as fast as he could on a beach in the wind and snow(some times he would pass out from the pain) and just trained realy hard.
      not sure this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by rockymarciano1 View Post
        i heard that hagler went to bed at 8 and got up at 4.
        he would run 15 miles as fast as he could on a beach in the wind and snow(some times he would pass out from the pain) and just trained realy hard.
        not sure this is true.
        I don't believe that

Comment

I heard like Marquez he drinks his own piss but also eats his own poo for psychological reasons. Search the net for his training routine, he would do boixing training and um yeah, that's all i can help you with.

Good luck.

Comment

At his training camp in Palm Springs—his usual training site on the tip of Cape Cod was bypassed because of an unpredictable furnace—Hagler is staging daily dress rehearsals for the fight with sparring partners Larry Davis, who is a Hearns-like 6'2" with an 83-inch reach (compared with Hagler's 5'9" and 75-inch reach), and Jerry Holly, 6'1½" with an 81-inch wingspan. Taking the other two-round shift in the sparring rotation is Bobby (Boogaloo) Watts, who beat Hagler, one of only two men to do so, and that was back in January 1976.

Hagler is running a minimum of six miles every morning and enduring 1½-hour, nearly nonstop workouts six days a week. He is leading a Spartan life, as well he might, considering that old Spartacus himself, Kirk Douglas, occasionally drops in on training sessions and three weeks ago invited Hagler over to his house to watch the Larry Holmes fight against David Bey.

Hagler's training camp diet is always heavy on fish and chicken, but he also has been loading up on vitamin C for this bout. In fact, when Hagler and his trainer-manager, Pat Petronelli, spotted a tree loaded with oranges on the golf course across from their hotel, the two got a sack and strolled over. After checking that the coast was clear, Petronelli boosted his boxer up into the branches to pick a few fresh oranges. Uh-oh, a golf cart came purring up unexpectedly, and when the Marvelous one saw it, he nearly fell out of the tree. "It was embarrassing as hell," Petronelli recalls. Not only had they been caught red-handed, but their captor was Bob Hope.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...9298/index.htm

intresting article talks about Hagler and Hearns training routines in preperation of their big fight

Comment

^ good stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X