Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao April Fight Unlikely, Marquez 5 Not in U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RVABoxer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Check_hooks

Taxes just went up in America for pretty much everybody especially the top 1%.

40% of whatever Pac makes is pretty much half of what he earned and hes the one taking all the risk

If he can fight somewhere else and not pay any taxes than as a business move why not? You can hate Arum all you want but hes a great business man plain and simple

yea i was about to say this too so the tax reason may have some legitimacy however i wouldnt be surprised one bit if arum is just saying as a cover up for some completely different reason but i cant really see them making more money at the gate in a different countryp vegas seems like it would pull the most money in there
    The tax rise isn't until 2014. so he can't use taxes as an excuse.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by tlaloc View Post
      Bob & Roach jusnt wanna cash Pacman out. They can't afford to have Pacquiao loose in the tune-up fight
      I'll bet people in Pac's camp have been suggesting that he needs to dump both of them.

Comment

Yes you are right, but we have seen Manny keep up that pace for entire fights before, so it's not outside the realms of possibility. Granted, he's faded badly in fights recently. I'm torn between wanting to see Marquez walk into the distance with his head held high, and not risk his legacy by a fifth fight, and to see Pac avenge defeat. I'm not a huge Pac fan, but he was a couple of fights away from being an ATG. Marquez ****@d that party up good and proper. I guess for Marquez, if he was to come back and lose a fifth fight, it wouldn't have a massive impact on his legacy, the way he will be remembered. But for Manny, arguably the biggest global name in modern boxing to go out like that, and be remembered forever more for that crushing right hand and the way that fight finished, it would be a shame.

I would still like to see Pac v May, because it's still the biggest fight out there, I think Pac is still the riskiest fighter Floyd could face (not including 160lb Martinez who I think is overrated.... Hell why not just get Vitali to drop down to 147), and it would be a real clash of styles, proper matador vs bull stuff. I would also like to see Floyd pushed, because Floyd is at his best when he is pressured, and Floyd himself is on the verge of ATG status. If he'd taken on Manny two years ago and won stylishly he'd have secured that by now. I think it would have been similar to Hatton v May, but with May having more early success due to the fact Hatton pressurised for the inside fight (but prevented by Cortez-thanks Joe) but Pac would stay outside and just be picked off at range without having to be broken down first like Hatton.

Comment

Not sure why Marquez would want to take on a bigger younger prime fighter fighter like Vargas and risk his payday for part 5. Just because he caught Pacquiao cold doesn't necessarily mean he's turned back the clock. After all Pacquiao is 34 years old and on the down side of his career at the end of the day, Vargas would be a good win for Marquez but although he is inexperienced he is a lot bigger, quicker and most likely stronger than Marquez atp it would probably be best for Marquez to forgo that fight and take more of a tune-up, Vargas isn't a tune up, that's actually a big fight...

Comment

Hate to go off topic but I'm watching this Lance Armstrong interview with ugly a s s Oprah and Lance is talking about how he used to dope.

He's talking about how he used to use EPO and testoserone and how they cheated the testing.

I bring this up because I'm in the mood to beat a dead horse. Lance, like other cheating a s s people had all of you naive dumb a s s sports fans thinking that nice people don't have to cheat which brings me to Manny Pacroid.

I don't care how nice he. was and how much he takes care of his people. That's very noble of him but he was still an athlete in a PED ravaged sports world.

Manny will never fight Floyd because he knows just like Lance that without the use of PEDs, he won't be able to beat the best.

I believe Manny is going through a change in his personal life now that it won't surprise me to see him confess to cheating.

Comment

Working...
            X