No announcement yet.

Boxer with best bodywork.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxer with best bodywork.

I say Joe Frazier. His bodywork in his fight with Quarry was excellent.

Carlos Palomino

Comment

Hard question.

I don't rate Chavez too highly but his body work was definitely up there.

Dick Tiger had underrated body work. Not really lethal with it but he would break you down.

Comment

^^^
        Tiger did indeed have excellent body work.

Armstrong does it for me, though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Hard question.

I don't rate Chavez too highly but his body work was definitely up there.

Dick Tiger had underrated body work. Not really lethal with it but he would break you down.
          For a top level fighter I can't think of anyone more consistently effective to the body than JCC. He was a master of varying his attack from head to body. And I wasn't even a fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            I say Joe Frazier. His bodywork in his fight with Quarry was excellent.
            Mike McCallum. I also think Vassiliy Jirov was an excellent body puncher as a cruiserweight.

Comment

Chavez
              McCallum
              Duran
              Fraizer
              Arguello

Comment

The Body Snatcher.

Comment

Henry Armstrong.

Comment

Dempsey was up there...but let's not forget Louis. He was great at mixing the focus of his attack up between the head and body. Ever see that fight...I think it was vs. Walcott where the fighter he's attacking just wilts from the body assault....

Dempsey and Louis were obviously the most balanced and complete punchers of all the heavyweight champions IMO...they had mental strength, cool headedness, skill, an unflinchingly winning attitude, and were passionate about fighting. But they were also incredibly adept body punchers.

Comment

Working...
                    X