Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC Primetime on Oct. 30 for possible Shogun vs. Henderson fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] UFC Primetime on Oct. 30 for possible Shogun vs. Henderson fight.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2011/0831/543745/

The UFC broke major ground earlier this month by inking a multi-year broadcast deal with the FOX network, which will extend to their subsidiary channels FX and Feul TV, and will see several UFC fights and UFC-themed programming appear on all three channels throughout the year.
    Though there hasn't yet been a fight set for the show, the UFC has a FOX debut date of November 12 -- and the promotion is looking to put together a big fight in order to draw eyes to their network TV debut.

In a press-release gathered by TVBytheNumbers.com, it was revealed today that the UFC will air a Primetime special a little more than a week prior to their first fight on the network, obviously profiling the competitors to appear on that show.

From the release: "On Sunday, Oct. 30, in anticipation of the UFC's landmark live primetime FOX debut in November, FOX Sports offers UFC PRIMETIME, an intense, one-hour, behind-the-scenes look at the fighters' preparation leading up to the Nov. 12 main event. FOX Sports recently announced a multi-year, multi-platform rights agreement that features programming on several FOX networks including FX and FUEL TV. Featured programming includes live fights, pre and post shows, countdown shows, and a variety of UFC-produced original programs."

UFC president Dana White has been keeping mum as to who may appear on the card; he's said for sure that it won't be Anderson Silva, but that it could be someone who appeared on the UFC 134 fight card. Current rumors have Mauricio "Shogun" Rua -- who beat Forrest Griffin emphatically at UFC 134 -- facing off against fellow Pride veteran Dan Henderson on the UFC's FOX debut.

Hell yeah. I like that matchup. War Hendo.

Put Gomi-Guillard on the card too. Have some fireworks for the debut on Fox.

Comment

Are the UFC planning to have higher-caliber fights on Fox than they usually have on the Versus/Spike cards?

I'd love to see Shogun-Hendo, but it seems like the kind of match-up to headline a PPV, unless they're really looking to make an impact on Fox (which maybe they are, I haven't read much on the deal).

Comment

awesome if they can make the event to go through.

war shogun, but i love hendo almost as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Are the UFC planning to have higher-caliber fights on Fox than they usually have on the Versus/Spike cards?

I'd love to see Shogun-Hendo, but it seems like the kind of match-up to headline a PPV, unless they're really looking to make an impact on Fox (which maybe they are, I haven't read much on the deal).
          UFC wouldn't put 2 fighters that are already well known by the casual MMA fan.

if anything, Overeem would more likely headline a Fox event.

Overeem is still relatively unknown to the UFC casuals so he would probably be the biggest possible fighter they would put on Fox.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X