No announcement yet.

Roach's Legacy Lies Within Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach's Legacy Lies Within Floyd Mayweather

One of the more intriguing subplots of the whole Mayweather/Pacquiao saga is that of Freddie Roach.

Armed with arguably the highest boxing IQ in the game, the genius Roach is p4p probably the best trainer in the world and perhaps of our era.

But make no mistake about it, when history looks back on our time, the legacy of Roach will be judged by that of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

In his quest to dethrone Mayweather, the Parkinson's inflicted trainer seems to be in a race against time to put a brilliant cap atop a phenominal career.

The analogy of Lex Luthor vs Superman seems obvious in that the feeble, disease stricken Roach must use his mind and wit to combat the seemingly indestructible Mayweather.

You couldn't have written a better script.

In fact, Roach's rivalry with Floyd (and time) almost supersedes that of Mayweather vs Pacquiao because if Floyd defeats Pac, Manny goes away but the Roach-Mayweather rivalry will endure in being that another Roach fighter, Amir Khan will be next up.

The plot thickens...

History only looks at accolades, awards and stats, never the circumstance. He'll be fine.

Comment

Freddie's legacy is already secured (and rightly so), to do what he has done, especially with his illness is nothing short of a miracle, having good fighters obviously helps

But, it will be enhanced greatly if Manny can beat Floyd (I don't think he can)

Comment

Roach called out Mayweather for like hundred times for Pacquiao. PBF was not very receptive. Granting that the first round of talks failed and mistakes were made, there's no reason in the world why the fight can't be made.

Roach seem to have given up on the May/Pac fight. He's trying his luck on Khan/May.

:-|

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
          Roach called out Mayweather for like hundred times for Pacquiao. PBF was not very receptive. Granting that the first round of talks failed and mistakes were made, there's no reason in the world why the fight can't be made.

Roach seem to have given up on the May/Pac fight. He's trying his luck on Khan/May.

:-|
          Floyd has an opportunity to wipe out Roach's stable.

If he does, it won't harm Roach's legacy but it will certainly enhance Floyd's.

Comment

Couldn't disagree more

I don't thin either Pac or Roach need Floyd in anyway, shape or form. Roach has his own legacy and no matter if he fights or doesn't fight Mayweather, he will be remembered as a great trainer.

The mere fact that Pac is fighting at the weight he is now and against the type of opponents he is starting from 106lbs, is amazing enough as it is.

Believe me when I tell you that HISTORICALLY, Mayweather will suffer more in not fighting or losing to Pacquaio.

Of course it will be a huge win for either side and sure Roach wants this fight and a victory to go with it but in no means does he NEED Mayweather for his legacy.

Comment

I dont get it...what do you dudes see in Roach?!?....boxing's version of Phil Jackson....**** I can be a great trainer/coach as well talkin the talk if had one of the greatest or a few of the greatest to walk the walk....and please dont say he made Manny...he just picked the right fights...be real!!

Comment

One of Roach's fighters already lost to Mayweather - Justin Juuko.

Comment

I have never seen Roach come up with anything brilliant just obvious shit, people who look at awards, accolades or stats instead of what he actually did with fighters don't have their eye on the ball and really have no idea what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    I dont get it...what do you dudes see in Roach?!?
                    I see a man who has gone through a LOT of **** in his life yet still has the mental fortitude and passion to get in the gym everyday

I see a man who took a fighter (Khan) who's career was on the brink of collapse and built him back up from scratch, not just physically and stylistically, but also mentally. He has built him into someone who had just been brutally KO'D inside one minute, to being a unified champion

I see a man who has guided Pac through eight divisions to become one of the true greats

I see a man who never seems to complain about an illness that has affected his life in a non-positive way

I see a man who a lot of people on this board aren't fit to hold his jockstrap

Comment

Working...
                    X