Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Golovkin is the guy who is suppose to beat everyone at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    I guess most people were wrong and Ring was right. That's why removing guys for bad inactivity is a good idea. It's not like he had great wins on his resume anyway, but he only managed a tko over that pure clubfighter on shobox in 2.5 years before the Sergio fight.

I agree Macklin and Barker probably beat anyone on GG's resume, but it's no given. Macklin looked like **** vs that Varon guy (his top 3 win!), Ajetovic, Campas, out cold vs Moore. Barker looked like **** the only 2 times he stepped up to EBU level before his title shot. They would both be fine opponents for GG (if they want it, questionable), but not comp worthy of a top 3 p4per.
    Why do you keep bringing up an old fight from 2006 when Macklin fought at 154 and only had 18 fights on his resume.
    Jamie Moore was actually a step up for the young 24 year old Macklin at the time, but you keep bringing it up as if it proves Macklin is a bum.
    The guy only had four years as a pro at the time and it was a brutal fight that could have gone either way (via brutal KO).
    Not sure why you hate thee guy he's a very entertaining fighter.
    Last edited by BafanaBafana; 01-21-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      Why do you keep bringing up an old fight from 2006 when Macklin fought at 154 and only had 18 fights on his resume.
      Jamie Moore was actually a step up for the young 24 year old Macklin at the time, but you keep bringing it up as if it proves Macklin is a bum.
      The guy only had four years as a pro at the time and it was a brutal fight that could have gone either way (via brutal KO).
      Not sure why you hate thee guy he's a very entertaining fighter.
      We're talking resumes, and how much these guys add to Sergio's p4p standing. Before Sturm Macklin's claim to fame was Moore. It was a bada$$ fight that got some play outside of the UK, unlike Mack's other fights. So if you'd seen one Mack fight, that was probably it.

Both Macklin and Barker are better than I made them sound, but I didn't lie about anything. Neither carries many p4p points, and Barker in particular was underqualified.

Comment

I guess most people were wrong and Ring was right. That's why removing guys for bad inactivity is a good idea. It's not like he had great wins on his resume anyway, but he only managed a tko over that pure clubfighter on shobox in 2.5 years before the Sergio fight.

I agree Macklin and Barker probably beat anyone on GG's resume, but it's no given. Macklin looked like **** vs that Varon guy (his top 3 win!), Ajetovic, Campas, out cold vs Moore. Barker looked like **** the only 2 times he stepped up to EBU level before his title shot. They would both be fine opponents for GG (if they want it, questionable), but not comp worthy of a top 3 p4per.
        About Dzinziruk, he actually fought 'Daniel Dawson' (34-1) 10 months before the Martinez fight so it's not like he came out of retirement to fight Martinez.
        Dzinziruk had wins over: Joel Julio 34-1 (31KOs), Daniel Santos 29-2-1 (coming off a Margarito win), and Lukas Konecny 36-2; all of these were good wins at the time Dzinziruk fought them, if you don't know this then you probably weren't following the JMW division at the time.

Barker is a good middleweight contender if you don't like him, you're entitled to your opinion.

Comment

We're talking resumes, and how much these guys add to Sergio's p4p standing. Before Sturm Macklin's claim to fame was Moore. It was a bada$$ fight that got some play outside of the UK, unlike Mack's other fights. So if you'd seen one Mack fight, that was probably it.

Both Macklin and Barker are better than I made them sound, but I didn't lie about anything. Neither carries many p4p points, and Barker in particular was underqualified.
          I don't care about the context in which Martinez fought them, I'm talking about their current status as legitimate middleweight contenders.

Comment

About Dzinziruk, he actually fought 'Daniel Dawson' (34-1) 10 months before the Martinez fight so it's not like he came out of retirement to fight Martinez.
            Dzinziruk had wins over: Joel Julio 34-1 (31KOs), Daniel Santos 29-2-1 (coming off a Margarito win), and Lukas Konecny 36-2; all of these were good wins at the time Dzinziruk fought them, if you don't know this then you probably weren't following the JMW division at the time.

Barker is a good middleweight contender if you don't like him, you're entitled to your opinion.
            Yeah, that guy was his only opponent in 2.5 years. He was pretty terrible, Trout beat a similar type clubfighter on shobox. Those Dz wins are pretty good, nothing special, nor was the manner of win.

Comment

I don't care about the context in which Martinez fought them, I'm talking about their current status as legitimate middleweight contenders.
              Fair enough. Macklin is legit top 10, Barker not yet but has the ability.

Comment

Yeah, that guy was his only opponent in 2.5 years. He was pretty terrible, Trout beat a similar type clubfighter on shobox. Those Dz wins are pretty good, nothing special, nor was the manner of win.
                He fought twice in 2008 against a fresh Joel Julio (coming off a Bundrage KO) and Lukas Konecny, he took a break in 2009 and then stopped a (34-1) 'Daniel Dawson' who had never been stopped before or since before stepping up to Martinez in early 2010. You make it sound like Dzinziruk came out of retirement for the Martinez fight. The truth is he was a well schooled fighter who came to fight and was brutally beat simply because Martinez was that good and not because he was a 'bum'.

Comment

• Did anybody actually watch the fight? Rosada fought his heart out, and showed some of the prettiest footwork I've seen in a long time. For anyone who's actually been in a fight, it's not easy chasing a guy who is doing everything in his power to keep you off balance, and still control distance well enough to land the harder, cleaner punches without repeatedly walking into traps/counters. GGG showed he can pressure you all night, walk through whatever you throw at him, and remain patient enough to consistently land hard punches until you break down. He showed no sign of slowing down, and never lost his cool. I thought it was an excellent performance on both parts; very entertaining fight.

And as for the hypothetical Quillen/GGG fight, I'd pick GGG by stoppage.

Comment

• GGG vs Maravilla is what I would like to see after Sergio fights Murray.

Comment

• The fight Saturday night did a lot more for Rosado than for GGG but Genady shows a lot of promise and he is a likable guy, I would over go see him fight Chavez JR. and the winner gets Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X