Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Announces Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect to Chunky. Excelled at every level from the Amateurs into the Pros. Alwats good to see a Boxer calling it a day when the time is right. I think DeGale can be proud of what he acheived in the sport and move on with no regrets.

Comment

P.S. I think DeGale and Groves have potential to become the Carragher and Neville of Boxing. Would love to seem them both on the panel for the next Eubank Jr. ITV show!

Comment

Whenever he says first British Olympian to win title I always ask myself really and think of lennox lewis and Antony joshua?
        But I know lennox is Canadian and Josh came after

Comment

Over achieved for someone of his talent and skill level.

Comment

That's a good decision...he was obviously not the same fighter he was before the Truax fights

Comment

All the best champ, you gave it your best.

Comment

He will be fine , sounds like the money has stayed in the family and been invested wisely ..

Comment

Good luck to him, he had a good career. Always thought he came across awful to be honest, no wonder the UK public never took to him. He came across as a fool when he was trying to diss someone. Also the way he was acting last week saying " Im a real G" lmao your from London not Long Beach.

Comment

I enjoyed his career, always thought he was lucky to get his title before Groves.

His trademark celebration was cringeworthy. My favourite moment was when he celebrated his draw with Badou Jack because he was broken but still remembered to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Over achieved for someone of his talent and skill level.
                      No that's wrong. He actually under achieved if anything. At his best he was a very skilled switch hitter and very awkward for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X