Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves.. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves.. Who Wins?

Assuming Groves can get past Jamie Cox on Saturday, a hugely anticipated fight with Eubank Jr will be next on the agenda for both fighters as part of the World Boxing Super Series in a semi-final bout which will ultimately decide who makes it to the final!

Eubank Jr vs Groves.. Who walks away with the W?
    Chris Eubank Jr by KO / TKO / RTD
    44.00%
    Chris Eubank Jr by Decision
    16.00%
    George Groves by KO / TKO / RTD
    8.00%
    George Groves by Decision
    30.00%
    Draw
    2.00%

Bigger question; who cares?
    I do like both guys but don't think either is very talented (Groves was good, but he's shot now) but am disappointed that the division is so weak now. Eubank wasted most of his career and now he's making a big push because Groves is his main objective?? How uninspiring.
    168 is such a toilet right now.

Comment

They're the best two fighters in the competition, it's a shame they will meet in the semi's and not the final.

I think Groves at his best is very good and probably still a bit underrated. At his very worst, he still had a close fight with Badou Jack, that was the worst version of Groves i've seen. You won't beat Groves unless you're genuine world class. That said, i'm not sure how good Groves is at this point. At times it looks like he's getting back to his best but it could be smoke & mirrors and good matchmaking.

I do think Eubank's style and workrate could get to Groves down the stretch though if Groves isn't able to control the fight at his own pace.

Comment

Eubank Jr all day. Although I suspect Groves is his biggest threat in this tournament unless Brant does some sorta Dre Ward Super Six coming out party in his first two fights of this tournament.

Comment

Eubank. Groves is a runner up type fighter. Good enough to get himself in position for a big fight, not quite got the mental makeup to win a big one.

Comment

Eubank will do a number on Callum Smith if they both meet in the final. Smith has nothing to keep Eubank off him. His jab is awful. It seems he can crack a bit but it won't be enough. Eubank will get to Smith easy and put a beating on him until it's stopped or Smith is pulled out.

Comment

I voted Smith to win the tournament but I'm leaning towards Groves now, I don't think Eubank is all that polished and Groves is hugely underrated just because he lost to Jack don't make him a creme puff Jack is an excellent talent in his own right. Boxing is about levels and Groves defence is far superior to anyone else in the divison not only that he can crack, the guy dropped Froch, maimed Energy Eddie he can punch and his durability and stamina issues now appear to be behind him, I'm not sure who takes care of his conditioning but he's clearly in better shape than he was previously.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Eubank. Groves is a runner up type fighter. Good enough to get himself in position for a big fight, not quite got the mental makeup to win a big one.
                Funny because that's how I see Eubank Jnr. Pretty good fighter with certain talent but always destined to fail at the last hurdle as he did with Saunders.

Comment

It will end badly for baldy (Groves).

Comment

I vote Eubank by KO. I think he has really been looking great since he moved to 168. He is a much better fighter now then when he lost to Saunders and a much better fighter now than Saunders will ever be. I think he wins the tournament by KOing all his opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X