Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'He's (Floyd) only arrogant in front of the cameras': Mark Melligen Interview Contin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont claim to know Floyd at all, I really don't but...I've chatted on AOL with him a few times and met him in person in the gym and outside the gym a few times, been around him in private settings, talked with him and, really, I cant say ANYTHING bad about the guy...he was very cool...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
      sad thing is he knew the only way that he could be a huge PPV attraction was if he created this persona, look at his early fights he looked like a real nice humble kid.
      With a sweater vest and glasses. He could of went the Sugar Ray Leonard route, but I'm sure he wouldn't be as big a star that he is today.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        I dont claim to know Floyd at all, I really don't but...I've chatted on AOL with him a few times and met him in person in the gym and outside the gym a few times, been around him in private settings, talked with him and, really, I cant say ANYTHING bad about the guy...he was very cool...
        next time you see him tell him to make the pac fight.

Comment

Originally posted by llamas1 View Post
          It's his talent in the ring that's selling tickets and PPV's. And I'm not buying that "He's doing it right" Stuff.. Manny is blowing him out of the water when it comes to endorsements.

You don't think Floyd wants a piece of that? He has to fight to get paid now.. No respectable product want's his name associated with them.

Heres a good example doing it right.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=458955
          So Reebok is not a respectable product???????

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            So Reebok is not a respectable product???????
            It was a one-fight deal, not an actual endorsement. That came straight from the official Reebok (and AT&T) spokesperson, but like the head of HBO Sports, they're liars only because he contradicts Floyd

"Reebok does not currently have an endorsement contract with Floyd Mayweather Jr. We had a relationship with him in 2009 and earlier this year, which was centered around two specific fights".

-Reebok spokesman Daniel Sarro

"AT&T does not sponsor Floyd Mayweather Jr. We have sponsored several boxing matches, including one that Mr. Mayweather fought in, but AT&T hasn’t and currently does not sponsor Mr. Mayweather personally . . . . The initial media report stating that we sponsored him was wrong and we are in the process of correcting that".

-AT&T Spokesman Steve Schwadron

The 'Money' persona he created with Haymon and Ellerbe has paid dividends in PPV (when he fights once every year or every other year), but it torpedoed what could've been a very lucrative and long-standing endorsement portfolio. Could've been like Ali, living off of Gatorade/Nike/etc residuals forever but once he runs out of money, which is inevitable, he'll have to fight for it when he has no business in a boxing ring.

He is commercial acid and no self-respecting company would want to be associated with him.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              here is a interview with Pinoy fighter training at Mayweather Gym....

he saying floyd's arrogance is only a front on camera but wont comment on the fight ... pac & floyd fans, what you think

http://www.examiner.com/filipino-spo...igen-interview
              Mark Melligen is sadly misinformed...

Comment

rofl *******s lose again

tried as hard to make people think floyd is suge knight in real life... when in all reality you dont know him... dont know manny... dont know **** lol. Stop living in ya own little world

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                  If he is such a nice guy why then did he beat his exGF and threatened his own kids? Why harass rent-a-cops? Why does he have so many run-ins with the law? I think he is nice only to some. My opinion.

He is still a great boxer though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    It was a one-fight deal, not an actual endorsement. That came straight from the official Reebok (and AT&T) spokesperson, but like the head of HBO Sports, they're liars only because he contradicts Floyd

"Reebok does not currently have an endorsement contract with Floyd Mayweather Jr. We had a relationship with him in 2009 and earlier this year, which was centered around two specific fights".

-Reebok spokesman Daniel Sarro

"AT&T does not sponsor Floyd Mayweather Jr. We have sponsored several boxing matches, including one that Mr. Mayweather fought in, but AT&T hasn’t and currently does not sponsor Mr. Mayweather personally . . . . The initial media report stating that we sponsored him was wrong and we are in the process of correcting that".

-AT&T Spokesman Steve Schwadron

The 'Money' persona he created with Haymon and Ellerbe has paid dividends in PPV (when he fights once every year or every other year), but it torpedoed what could've been a very lucrative and long-standing endorsement portfolio. Could've been like Ali, living off of Gatorade/Nike/etc residuals forever but once he runs out of money, which is inevitable, he'll have to fight for it when he has no business in a boxing ring.

He is commercial acid and no self-respecting company would want to be associated with him.
                    hahahaha, exactly my point!

how many foreman grills would Big George have sold if he had been like "screw the fans, I'm not fighting Moorer and Holyfield. I'm fighting Butterbean and Bobby Czyz, then I demand Ali come out of retirement so I can get my rematch!"

Not many. He'd be trying to sell foreman "grillz" at the flea market instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
                      If he is such a nice guy why then did he beat his exGF and threatened his own kids? Why harass rent-a-cops? Why does he have so many run-ins with the law? I think he is nice only to some. My opinion.

He is still a great boxer though.
                      Again, just in my personal dealings with him, thats all I can comment on really...

Comment

Working...
                      X