Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward isnt retiring so why are your panties in a bunch? there's a Rematch Clause folks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    I know some of you are butthurt you didnt get to see the Krusher rid you of your beloved ANDREA coWARD

you guys were so sure the fight wouldnt happen in the first place right? it did, kov lost now its a WOBBERWE....he cheated doe....kovalev initiated clinches and headlocks when months leading up to the fight all you heard was WARD RUN, HE CLINCH DOE BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kovalev lost fair and square didnt adjust past round 5 and had no answer for inside fighting and counter jabs.

in the midst of reaching for straws, whining and searching for something else to beotch about, you cling to the hope Ward retires...ADMIT IT YOU HOPE HE RETIRES!!!

At least you could say "he a coward doe...he scared of Kov!!!"....but its not happening....ward will be better because this is the most active he has been in years...he will be sharper in the rematch and work kov on the inside and mid range sooner....kov is as good as he'll ever be considering how active he has been since 2013...also JDJ isnt getting the respect due from his own fighter...he wont listen to him again in the corner....Remember where you heard it first.....
    yeah alright, i'll admit i hope ward retires. Cause i have no interest in watching him, he isnt a good advert for the sport. Not particularly hyped about a ward kovalev rematch cause its going to look pretty similar and i wouldnt be shocked if kovalev gets robbed again. Just want ward gone from the sport, simple as that, represents everything bad about boxing.

Comment

floyd retired and scheduled his return fight a day after the year's rematch clause expired with oscar. so yeah i can see ward letting it expire and have a rematch with edwin rodriguez

Comment

Ward is threatening retirement, which is fine. We don't need to see the rematch. We all know who won. Kovalev.

Comment

Ward and contracts do have a past so it doesn't matter that there's a rematch clause in writing. We'll see how this plays out, but it definitely doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

Comment

If he retires, he retires. His choice. Boxing is a brutal sport.

Comment

Anyone who supports ward on his retirement is a pus sy themselves, and anyone who scored round 10 for ward dksab.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Retiring is the only way to get out of the rematch clause. If he ever fights again he'll have to fight Kovalev first. Let's not act like Ward wouldn't retire. He sat out almost two years over a contract case he kept losing.

I don't see where the extra money he wants will come from. The ppv didn't sell well. Any extra money has to come from his promoter
                And you know his promoter bought the fight.

Comment

This is just Ward talking crap. Hes a Christian so he isnt going in on some explicit tirade, this is a way to get under Kovalev and the haters florescent skin. Honestly though I dont think there will be an immediate rematch because the $ is not there but I think it could be if certain things are done.

Comment

Why do you start your thread will insulting remarks like get your panties in a bunch and butthurt? Are you trying to start a fight? You always play favorites or hate on particular boxers. You are clearly a devoted Ward fan just as you are clearly a GGG hater. You are the one with your panties in a bunch and all butt hurt that anyone would dare say anything bad about Andre Ward. Kovalev gave Ward a shot at his titles and Ward agreed to give Kovalev an immediate rematch if he won. Many of us think Ward should keep the signed legal agreement he made and give Kovalev a rematch in a timely manner. The purse split for the rematch has probably already been agreed on by both sides in the rematch agreement. You think it's just fine for Ward to avoid the rematch by retiring which he can legally do. I don't agree with you. I think Ward retiring to avoid a rematch makes him look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                      He said that he didn't need to fight anymore. It's out of his own mouth.

He also said he wanted to go to HW.
                      Kovalev is talking about cruiserweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X