Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxnation commentary for Lomachenko-Rigondeaux. Bias gone too far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxnation commentary for Lomachenko-Rigondeaux. Bias gone too far?

Anyone else notice that?

First off I like and rate Lomachenko. I picked him to lose to Russel and Walters and he demolished both and thought he was fantastic last night so it's no slight on him.

But when a commentator say's;

"The only kind of blemish Lomachenko has is to Salido. But we don't talk about that"

What?! Firstly it's not "kind of" a blemish it is a literal blemish and closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears is not acceptable for a commenator.

Then Barry Jones replied with "If Lomachenko rematched Salido he would totally dominate him and that we know" errr no you don't "know" that they fought once and he lost that is all we "know"

Boxnation need a whole new team from top to bottom.

HBO said pretty much same stuff on salido vs roman

Comment

I think its safe to say that Loma would obliterate Salido at this point. I dont know about the bias of boxnation, I rarely watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Anyone else notice that?

First off I like and rate Lomachenko. I picked him to lose to Russel and Walters and he demolished both and thought he was fantastic last night so it's no slight on him.

But when a commentator say's;

"The only kind of blemish Lomachenko has is to Salido. But we don't talk about that"

What?! Firstly it's not "kind of" a blemish it is a literal blemish and closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears is not acceptable for a commenator.

Then Barry Jones replied with "If Lomachenko rematched Salido he would totally dominate him and that we know" errr no you don't "know" that they fought once and he lost that is all we "know"

Boxnation need a whole new team from top to bottom.
        You're right. That's disrespecting Salido. You should have watched the TR version which was worse, they mentioned Salido and brushed it off as a learning process and said Salido was low punching the entire fight. Anyway, I'm in the UK and I usually don't buy Sky or Boxnation PPV because they talk like they're commentating a snooker match. American commentators are more vibrant.

Comment

Commentators all seem to push an agenda theses days.

Just call the fight.

B1tches.

Comment

Noticed that. They referenced Salido more than once, in a completely dismissive way. Cute how Loma fanatics talk about Salido not counting because of the size diff and fouls, but Loma being enormous, hitting on the back of the head, after the bell, and using the forearm to hold down the head is all good.
            And, I don't even like Salido!

Nothing against Loma AT ALL. He was brilliant last night, again. As usual, my beef is mostly with the fans being idiots and, in this case, the commentary crew being fanboys.

Comment

I agree. This is why HBO has lost its respect and pretty much its boxing program.

When I hear a fight annouced and its on hbo its like a blackeye to the event imo cause we all know HBO is gonna misrepresent the fact, miscontrude what is going on in the ring, and then blatantly ommit facts to glorify the house fighter.

Just call the fights how it is.

Best recent team has been, Gus Johnson, Al Berstien, Anotion Tarver.

Comment

Pretty sure your not actually quoting what was said, i remember distinctly because they said ' no one really talks about the salido loss anymore' because i thought to myself ' you should have a read on boxingscene sometime'

They then went on to give reasons why, salido deliberately coming in overweight, the lowblows, and then barry said something like 'if it went on for a few more rounds, lomachenko would of probobly won, he was coming on strong'

Barry jones is very hit and miss but he was spot on last night, he predicted and called it bang on that rigo was looking for a way out several rounds before he quit.
                Yes steve bunce is horrendous but compared to sky sports and HBO, boxnation is clearly miles ahead of those unbearable company men talking complete and utter BS.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Pretty sure your not actually quoting what was said, i remember distinctly because they said ' no one really talks about the salido loss anymore' because i thought to myself ' you should have a read on boxingscene sometime'

They then went on to give reasons why, salido deliberately coming in overweight, the lowblows, and then barry said something like 'if it went on for a few more rounds, lomachenko would of probobly won, he was coming on strong'

Barry jones is very hit and miss but he was spot on last night, he predicted and called it bang on that rigo was looking for a way out several rounds before he quit.
                  Yes steve bunce is horrendous but compared to sky sports and HBO, boxnation is clearly miles ahead of those unbearable company men talking complete and utter BS.
                  I am paraphrasing but the first part is near enough word for word what he said.

All of it is near enough exactly what they said.

I was so bamboozled by it I wrote it down in my notes on my phone

Comment

Canelo's loss to Floyd shouldn't count. Canelo was still young and learning. It was early in his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X