Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Dirrell - Abraham II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really interested in this fight if I'm honest. Dirrell outboxes Abraham over 12 rounds and wins comfortably is how i would bet on the rematch .

Comment

Bat I see you're endorsing rematches that nobody wants to see like Ward vs Kessler and now Dirrell vs Abraham. What's up with that? Let's see some new fights, or rematches of fights that were actually a bit more competitive, like Dirrell vs Froch, and let's see new fights like Dirrell vs Bute, Ward vs Anthony Dirrell, rematches of Froch vs Kessler. Not the same old fights, leave that to Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Dirrell has problems getting a signifikant fight as Bute looks towards the IBF rankings for his next opponent. Dirrell could get a nice payday by going to Germany and I'm sure Arthur fancies his chances.
        I don't even think this rematch can be made outside of the Super six

the promoters and the networks are probably not interested

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Indeed he was, but at the end he was scared and tired and AA was getting closer and closer. We, the public, was robbed of 5 exiting minutes.
        Dirrell is a mental midget, he would have cruised to a UD or gotten DQ'ed by fAking slipping on the floor, that would have been terrible to watch

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Bat I see you're endorsing rematches that nobody wants to see like Ward vs Kessler and now Dirrell vs Abraham. What's up with that? Let's see some new fights, or rematches of fights that were actually a bit more competitive, like Dirrell vs Froch, and let's see new fights like Dirrell vs Bute, Ward vs Anthony Dirrell, rematches of Froch vs Kessler. Not the same old fights, leave that to Top Rank.
          No doubt that the most intriguing fight at 168 ATM is Bute-Ward, but Since that wont happen any time soon we must look in other directions.

As already stated I found Froch-Dirrell to be a horrible fight. Now that would be one rematch noone wants.

On the other hand you have AA -Dirrell that was very exiting and the questions about Dirrells heart remains and Can be answered with a rematch.

My stand on Kessler-Ward II is wellknown. But for reference that first fight was tainted with controversy and foul play and Since Kessler is WBC emeritus champion, Ward has to give him a shot anyway sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
            I don't even think this rematch can be made outside of the Super six

the promoters and the networks are probably not interested

Dirrell is a mental midget, he would have cruised to a UD or gotten DQ'ed by fAking slipping on the floor, that would have been terrible to watch
            German money is what matters. And ARD (the german broadcaster) would love this fight for sure.

Comment

Andre Dirrell is in a class above Arthur, he would win a comfortable decision. And I would bet Arthur wants no part of him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                I'd rather see froch dirrel 2 but in either fight Dirrell wins by points

why the hell would you want to see that fight again?

i get that it was competitive and controversial, but it flat out sucked
                and froch isnt as aggressive as he used to be
                it would be another train wreck

i dont think that the dirrell and abraham rematch is a horrible idea
                it would be nice to add a measure of closure on that chapter of dirrell's career. i dont think abraham was ever very good, and i'm not really interested in his making a comeback

Comment

Nah, thanks but no thanks with this rematch. Once was enough.

I would like to see Dirrell fight Bika next. I think that would be the true grit test for Dirrell. I think that's the right match up for him right now.

AA? I don't know steiglitz? Or maybe a Brinkley, or a Stevens. Maybe an Andrade? I don't even know where to go with him.

Comment

Can't lie,I have no interest in this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Nah, thanks but no thanks with this rematch. Once was enough.

I would like to see Dirrell fight Bika next. I think that would be the true grit test for Dirrell. I think that's the right match up for him right now.

AA? I don't know steiglitz? Or maybe a Brinkley, or a Stevens. Maybe an Andrade? I don't even know where to go with him.
                      With AA you can go Pwilly or Pav..I would not mind Andy Lee either,or JCC Jr..AA is fighting at 160lb again right??

Comment

Working...
                      X