Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Gomi have a chance at beating BJ penn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Gomi have a chance at beating BJ penn?

in your opinion does gomi have a chance at being a pride and ufc lightweight champ?

No he doesn't. Bj is better at everything Gomi does. Much better boxer, much better grappler, even wrestling and both don't kick. Unfortunately for Gomi who has punching power, Bj's defense and chin are excellent too.
    I'd bet my house and my grandma on BJ against Gomi.

Comment

no chance at all

i dont even think he'll get the chance to fight Penn again

Comment

he won't even get by florian, let alone penn.

Comment

nope bj is going to whoop that backside

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
            No he doesn't. Bj is better at everything Gomi does. Much better boxer, much better grappler, even wrestling and both don't kick. Unfortunately for Gomi who has punching power, Bj's defense and chin are excellent too.
            I'd bet my house and my grandma on BJ against Gomi.
            Exactly how I see it.

Gomi was great and still has it in him to be a top contender, but he's no different than he was when they fought the first time. BJ is way better now than he was back then. BJ dominated him for 2 rounds and subbed him in the 3rd. BJ would beat him more convincingly if a 2nd match were to materialise.

Comment

No Chance.....

Comment

Not even a punchers chance. BJ, Silva, and GSP should all move up a weight class...

Comment

Gtfo if anyone thinks Gomi can't at least brawl it out with BJ. Unlike BJ, Gomi has never been stopped. And only dropped 2x in his whole career.

Standup: Gomi = Penn
                  SubOffense: Gomi < Penn
                  SubDefense: Gomi < Penn
                  Wrestling: Gomi > Penn
                  Chin: Gomi > Penn
                  Cardio: Gomi < Penn

In the end Penn wins but don't get **** twisted as if Gomi doesn't have a chance. If Penn comes out with that stupid ass over-agressive style, he will take a dirt nap, GUARANTEED. But he isn't that stupid, he will play it like the first time and shoot straight for the takedown every round.

Hell, Shogun got his ass whooped by fuckin Forrest, and made a lackluster decision against Mark fuckin Coleman of all people, yet no one believes he is washed up when he faught Chuck. Fickle ass fans.

And TS, Penn was never a pride champ. Only UFC.
                  Last edited by F l i c k e r; 01-25-2010, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Where does TS say Penn was Pride Champ?

Comment

Working...
                    X