Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The End of British Boxing is coming. Are you ready?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats true, because if Froch and Haye lose, they will stop existing.

Comment

The British boxers you mentioned, are top fighters. Haye, Froch and Khan are all in the top of their respective division. S how come you're saying: "they've been on life support"? .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Nonito Donaire
          Birth place Talibon, Bohol, Philippines to Phillipeno parents. He's not american, stop claiming other nationalities as your own. I know Americans love to claim others as their own but Nonito Donair is NOT American. He might be an american citizen but hes Phillipeno, he was born there, his parents were born there. He moved to USA when he was 11, NOT AMERICAN.

If a black dude is born in Detroit to parents who are black and were also born in detroit, and he moves to England. Does that make him British? NO

So stop claiming fighters as your own, I dont get why Americans love claiming others as their own.

Look at Klitschko brothers, you dont see Germans claiming them as German.
          Donaire has lived in America for the majority of his life, and pretty much his entire boxing career has been in America and being trained by Americans. He is an American citizen. If all that mattered was where you were born, then that means Margarito is American. which is flat out silly to say.

Donaire is half Filipino, half American, due to his dual citizenship. Fact. This is undisputable.

Comment

Calzaghe retiring, is the best thing that could've happened to British boxing. The British are finally getting the respect back from the fans. Calzaghe really hurt British boxing's reputation.

Comment

This is not the end, this is just the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                Donaire has lived in America for the majority of his life, and pretty much his entire boxing career has been in America and being trained by Americans. He is an American citizen. If all that mattered was where you were born, then that means Margarito is American. which is flat out silly to say.

Donaire is half Filipino, half American, due to his dual citizenship. Fact. This is undisputable.
                Thats why hes called the American flash i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by K2ray View Post
                  Good stuff. I've actually got it a clean-sheet of defeats for the above mentioned UK trio. The only world champions the UK will have remaining in 2011 will be from Wales (Cleaverly) & Scotland (Burns).
                  K2 is a Top Boxing Fan...because regardless of his location/nationality/race, he always tells it AS it is...

I do the same thing...I'll recognize and point out an overrated or hypejob American in a heartbeat...usually years before they get so called "exposed"....like Jeff Lacy, James Kirkland, and Andre Berto for example...

THAT'S the good stuff...the RARE stuff...and I commend you, Ray, for being one of the few.

It could very well be a clean sweep...I'll be making the worn veteran Judah a 3 to 1 dog....you're right though....it's really going to be more of an English collapse...but my point is that kids like Cleverly, Burns, et al will never be Top P4Pers...

and ironically, that's where Haye, Khan, and Froch stand right now...B Level...as in a full league below The Elite of the sport, right?...

as for the lowly types I was referring to earlier...thanks for exposing yourselves...

From Nonito's personal website...

http://www.filipinoflash.com/biography.php

NONITO DONAIRE, JR.

"He (born on November 16th, 1982) is a Filipino American professional boxer."
                  and honestly, he's really more American than he is Pinoy at this point...he's lived here for over 18 years (as opposed to his early 10 in the islands)...his primary language is English, his permanent residence is in California, he's only paid taxes to America....growing up, he competed in international tourneys representing America, tried out for The American Olympic Team...et cetera, et cetera...

Anyway...I can understand and respect why he's putting his Filipino heritage to the forefront...it shows he's all business...he's trying to gain the same blind, loyal support Manny gets from the 'tards.

I personally think it's hilarious how he's playing them for the fools that they are...lol

But in the end, as we all know, this isn't about Donaire....America doesn't even HAVE to claim him...as we perennially crank out Top 10 P4Pers.

The UK doesn't have that ability or luxury...think about it...in the last 20 years, how many CONSENSUS Top 10 P4Pers have they had?...Lewis, Calzaghe, Hatton because he raped old Tszyu?....yes....it will take a full decade of rebuilding for them to get back on the grid...
                  Last edited by Legendary Hater; 06-07-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Khan Is skills and fun no matter what. Rarely is he in a borig fight.

Haye again can be exciting.

Both fast, fairly powerful and chinny.

Froch has a chin and is solid. Not skilled but vey exciting.

You also forgot Ricky Burns, who is pretty good. That's how I know you are just a mainstream fan, you don't know this.

Comment

Reminder time...

Haye, Froch, and Khan...wiped out.

Comment

Working...
                      X