• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Lashley to fight Wes Simms: Opponent decided

Bobby Lashley Finally Has An Opponent For Next Week's Strikeforce MMA Debut
    By Michael Bluth
    Jan 24, 2010 - 9:48:11 AM

Bobby Lashley will make his MMA debut for the Strikeforce promotion next Saturday night in Miami and he now finally has an opponent. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker has confirmed that Bobby Lashley (4-0) will fight former "Ultimate Fighter" contestant Wes Sims (22-12-1).

Lashley spoke to ESPN on Friday, saying "This is great, man. I didn't know this. I'm happy. I just wanted an opponent. I've been training very hard on every aspect of my game - my wrestling, jiu-jitsu, and my standup. Now that I have an opponent, we can do a little bit of scouting on the guy."

Lashley was originally scheduled to fight Yohan Banks
    , but the Florida Boxing Commission rejected him as a worthy opponent. The next possible opponent was journeyman fighter Jimmy Ambriz, and he was approved by the commission, but Strikeforce scrapped that fight last week.

Strikeforce: Miami takes place on January 30, 2010 from the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, FL and will air live on Showtime.

With seven days left until Strikeforce: Miami, CEO Scott Coker was able to finalize the main card of the event by securing Wes Sims (22-12-1) to fight Bobby Lashley on January 30, 2010 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, FL.

Stirkeforce had been struggling to land a quality fighter to face the former WWE superstar for months, and after it looked as though the fight was going to be have to be pushed back to future date, the promotion was able to put together this excellent match-up at the midnight hour.

Here is a look at the final card for Strikeforce: Miami which will air next Saturday night on Showtime with live coverage beginning at 10:00PM EST:

MAIN CARD
    Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis
    Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Santos vs. Marloes Coenen
    Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhoef
    Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims
    Greg Nagy vs. Herschel Walker

PRELIMINARY CARD
    Jay Hieron vs. Joe Riggs
    Pablo Alfonso vs. Marcos da Matta
    Michael Byrnes vs. David Zitnik
    Sabah Homasi vs. John Kelly
    David Gomez vs. Craig Oxley
    Hayder Hassan vs. Ryan Keenan

Comment

simms was funny on TUF but nothing more, bobby will kill him

Comment

Originally posted by murmagic View Post
        simms was funny on TUF but nothing more, bobby will kill him
        Never watched.

Comment

Sims is garbage...

Comment

lashley will knock him out quick or ground and pound him out. lol, now lashley can say he's beaten a guy from the UFC. wes simms is a joke though, his best moment on the Ultimate Fighter was when he put on that gui and chased matt mitrione around and mitrione said " don't touch me!" that was so f.ucking funny i was laughing for almost 5 minutes

Comment

i hate that little girl of sims..he got all cocky on ultimate fighter.he got kicked and still was acting cocky..i hope Bobby kill him!

Comment

Working...
              X