Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Referee says "TEN" the fight is OVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    You got to FUCKING kidding me with this one, right?

Are you going to honestly sit back and tell me that a ref stoppage of this fight, over basically a NFL replay of a what a ref was half way through a Te-, would have been WORSE then this bull**** of a draw?!?

WOW.

I thought I had seen it all on here.
    Don't be a moron. I never said what happened was better. I'm saying the ref should of stopped counting once his knee left the mat and then gone on to see if Cintron was OK to continue. The ref ****ing up was what cost Martinez the fight as probably Martinez would of finished Cintron off then and there after Cintron had gotten back up.
    Last edited by damian5000; 02-15-2009, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by damian5000 View Post
      Don't be a moron. I never said what happened was better. I'm saying the ref should of stopped counting once his knee left the mat and then gone on to see if Cintron was OK to continue. The ref ****ing up was what cost Martinez the fight as probably Martinez would of finished Cintron off then and there after Cintron had gotten back up.
      The ref can continue counting if HE feels the fighter has not completely recovered. The ref counted to 10 and the fight should have been stopped at that point. The End.

Comment

That **** was stupid. Martinez won.

Comment

Was miss.piggy referreeing this fight or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
            The ref can continue counting if HE feels the fighter has not completely recovered. The ref counted to 10 and the fight should have been stopped at that point. The End.
            Not "The End"...

Official rules: "If the contestant taking the count is still down when the Referee calls the count of ten (10), the Referee shall wave both arms indicating that the contestant has been knocked out."

Further: A contestant shall be considered down when any part of his body, other than his feet, is on the floor, or if he is hanging helplessly over the ropes, and only is held up by the ropes, as the result of a legal blow."

If he's not down (he wasn't, the only part of Cintron on the floor was his feet), he's up, thus the count should stop (assuming the compulsory 8 count has been reached).b

When you see the ref still counting and the fighter is up it's because he's giving the mandatory 8 count. Not because he's seeing if the fighter is okay to continue (LOL). That comes AFTER the ref stops counting...

The end.
            Last edited by damian5000; 02-15-2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

It's a bad day for US boxing.

Comment

And I quote:

"But you really think it would of been better if Martinez won by fake KO due to the ref MISTAKINGLY counting to 10 even though Cintron was up?

Please...
                "

Please, what? What are you trying to defend here?
                Moron?
                It seems YOU don't get this one yet.
                As far as Martinez finishing Cintron? **** was over in the 7th.
                Cintron is DONE. And the way he acted during the whole mess, thanks, but you can keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                  It's a bad day for US boxing.
                  ****in fat yanks!

Comment

I don't see anywhere where it said I thought the end result was better...Just asking if you thought it better that Martinez won by fake KO.

Go back and read my last post. I'm not defending Cintron OR the results, I'm saying the ref ****ed up by saying 10 while Cintron was officially up. That's all. **** wasn't "over in the 7th", unless you want to rewrite the rulebook Sweety. The rules is the rules. If the ref hadn't of ****ed up Martinez would likely of gotten his KO that round. Back to the drawing board Sweety.
                    Last edited by damian5000; 02-15-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I don't see anywhere where it said I thought the end result was better...Just asking if you thought it better that Martinez won by fake KO.

Go back and read my last post. I'm not defending Cintron OR the results, I'm saying the ref ****ed up by saying 10 while Cintron was officially up. That's all. **** wasn't "over in the 7th", unless you want to rewrite the rulebook Sweety. The rules is the rules. If the ref hadn't of ****ed up Martinez would likely of gotten his KO that round. Back to the drawing board Sweety.
                      To what?

Cintron got KO'ed in the 7th, no ****ing conspiracy **** needed.
                      I really have nothing more to say about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X