No announcement yet.

Today was a sad day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was a sad day

Today my favorite workout t-shirt, the one I was wearing while lifting since 1990, tore open when it got caught on the bar which I was loading up. It already had a 6 inch hole in the middle of it that had gotten progressively bigger with every washing. This morning it tore completely open making it unwearable.

It was a black Raiders t-shirt that had "Silver & Black Attack" on the top and "Los Angeles Raiders"(now that`s vintage lol) on the bottom.

Goodbye my beloved sweaty rag. You will be missed.

R.I.P.

GO RAIDERS.

Comment

They did good in the superbowl. Oh wait...

Comment

I feel for you man.

Comment

I know your pain jason and empathise with you in this time of great loss...

stinky, sweaty, torn old workout t shirts are a special breed...they deserve all our prayers

Comment

I got shirts like that too

I feel your pain.

I feel like that when I go through a good pair of weightlifting gloves too?

- The Jake

Comment

Thank you for your kind words gents.

This loss makes me cherish all the more my other sweaty old rags.

I have a "Michigan University" t-shirt that`s also been with me for a decade that is about to give up the ghost. Pray for me to remain strong when it happens.

Tha Jake- I don't use gloves but I can imagine the emotional trauma that can result from going through a pair. Be strong man.

Comment

Cherish them all JLOBE, because one day they won't be with us.

As for my gloves, the three pairs I have are all in LA. So I'm deadlifting 400lbs with bare hands, no chalk, nothing. So I've got callouses resembling bloody speed bumps.

- The Jake

Comment

Working...
                X