Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao - Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
    Ok. Now tell us in which age Morales was on his prime, He must be too green at 25 because he lost to Barrera even though it was close. Maybe at 26? as what you trying to say, I assumed Morales was already in a decline at the age of 27 because again as what you said he was already past in his prime at 28 against Pacquiao.

Assuming Morales was on his prime at 26 after winning easily his next fights after the Barrera loss at 25. Then most probably at 27 he was declining and by 28 he was already past his prime.

26 prime
    27 declining
    28 past his prime

in matter of just 3 years?
    LMAO
    Yes this happens aot in this sport when fighters wanna got to war alot

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
      Still you didn't answer the question. You said Morales was past it at 28. I assume he was declining at 27 but then he lost to Barrera at 25 although it was close. Now the logical answer is....he was already in his prime at the age of 26 right?
      Morales was past it at 130. Has nothing to do with age. No one ages the same. His prime was probably around his win over Zaragoza to around 2002 or so. That's a long prime for anyone with the amount of wars he has had and for how long he'd have boxed..

For reference- Benitez was completely shot by 26/27 by the way and he even took a lot less damage than Morales in his career.

Barrera was actually considered on the downside in the first Morales fight in 2000. Morales was expected to win the fight easy because Barrera had just been KO'd and beaten up not too long ago.

Comment

• To me Pacquiao's prime was when he fought Clottey so 145 lb pac vs 122 Morales...yep pac by ko no doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
          If we are talking about both fighters in their Prime, the Pac that KOed Hatton and dismantled Cotto is scary.
          Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
          Was Pac 122/126 for those fights?
          Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          We had faded slightly faded Morales beat up a very much prime Pacquiao.

Pacquiao didn't know how to control distance without movement. Still doesn't. Morales would take advantage of that every time.
          bros when did you think pacquiao or morales reach their prime?

Erik was prime from 122-130, pacquiao 130-147, it could not be denied that Pac learned from Pacquiao-Morales 1, I think it is after this fight that he actually primed ...

imho prime for prime pacquiao has a 70-30 advantage over morales and in 3 fights I see Eric could take 1W...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
            Morales was past it at 130. Has nothing to do with age. No one ages the same. His prime was probably around his win over Zaragoza to around 2002 or so. That's a long prime for anyone with the amount of wars he has had and for how long he'd have boxed..

For reference- Benitez was completely shot by 26/27 by the way and he even took a lot less damage than Morales in his career.

Barrera was actually considered on the downside in the first Morales fight in 2000. Morales was expected to win the fight easy because Barrera had just been KO'd and beaten up not too long ago.
            imho Eric was still prime at 130 although he lost to Marco in a close contest he beat pac after, i think his fights with pacquio in sucession is what made him shot...

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              bros when did you think pacquiao or morales reach their prime?

Erik was prime from 122-130, pacquiao 130-147, it could not be denied that Pac learned from Pacquiao-Morales 1, I think it is after this fight that he actually primed ...

imho prime for prime pacquiao has a 70-30 advantage over morales and in 3 fights I see Eric could take 1W...
              As Maniac said on the first page, you can be prime and not be peak.

Manny "never wins fantasy fights" because they didn't coincide.

That is to say he was prime at one point, peak at another.

Another good example of this would be Lennox Lewis.

Comment

• At those weights I'd give it to Morales

I think Pac was better at the higher weights

Comment

• Morales fought a prime Pacquiao and beat Pacquiao who was in his absolute prime. In their prime EM > Pac.

Comment

• I'm sorry, but this peak and prime, not prime garbage is just that...garbage. in their prime Morales beat Pacquiao. Morales got old against Raheem, and lost to Pac past his prime lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      I'm sorry, but this peak and prime, not prime garbage is just that...garbage. in their prime Morales beat Pacquiao. Morales got old against Raheem, and lost to Pac past his prime lol.
                      bro this happen in a span of one year and if people want to be exact, Eric was winning the second fight up to the fifth round, so we can say to be exact he got old on the sixth round ... lolz

Comment

Working...
                      X