No announcement yet.

I used to call Canelo a hype job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
    Canelo doesn't have fast hands or good foot work ???

Oh well mark this thread so we can come back to it some day.

First on the list Ortiz - W by KO in the 8-9th round
    I don't think it's great maybe a little above average...but also it's to soon to tell if he shows up faster then Ortiz and goes up against somebody with faster feet then him we'll be able to tell how good his foot work is good foot work ain't just fast feet it's being able to cut off the ring set up your combos and make traps so we'll see.

He his a hard hitter tho or at least thudding idk

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
      I thought he was hype too but having watched him for a while now ,he really is progressing from a technical standpoint. Before the Mosley fight, I said that if he can correct his defense, I'll admit he's legit. And he did just that.
      I wouldn't have used that fight To mark his progression if he can keep Ortiz from Landing to often then yeah he's improved

Comment

His glove positioning against Mosley was pretty gnarly

Comment

Not saying his resume is good or bad.

He is still showing me these things against the people he has faced.

He still has room for improvement but dude is 21.
          Just because your comp might be weak doesn't mean you don't possess the skills to beat an elite boxer if given the chance we see it all the time. He is that boxer
          Look. We are merely giving you the other side of the argument. Those who remain skeptics will remain as such unless proven otherwise.
          A string of victories against B/C fighters and has beens is not a convincing/ cogent argument that he has "grown". Could be merely a mirage. And what makes you think he can beat Ortiz?
          What areas do you think Canelo actually excel in other than the fact Ortiz will have to move up to Super WW to fight him.

Comment

We can definitely agree that he , at least has the opportunity to grow.
            Unlike Ortiz and Bradley who were fed to the cash cows, Canelo is protected, truly as a rising star should be. Oscar De la Hoya is doing a great job deciding who should he face.
            So I cannot say he's a great fighter merely he has the opportunity to become one.

Comment

Main reason Ortiz is moving up in weight .

Secondary reasons I think he is stronger and faster.

Last reason Ortiz is weak minded and can be broke

Comment

Originally posted by robear View Post
                We can definitely agree that he , at least has the opportunity to grow.
                Unlike Ortiz and Bradley who were fed to the cash cows, Canelo is protected, truly as a rising star should be. Oscar De la Hoya is doing a great job deciding who should he face.
                So I cannot say he's a great fighter merely he has the opportunity to become one.

I am sure that's how Morales, Barreras and the great JMM reached the stardom. By being protected and sheltered. You know what the problem is? You cannot artificially create an elite fighter/boxer. I have said this before and I will say it again. Canelo is bad for Mexican boxing. It ain't the viewership. You put in a great Mexican fighter and ppl will show up anyways. Canelo will weaken Mexican boxing. Just like JCCJ. All that resources been wasted to artificially prop something that isn't. I am just tellin the way it is. Elite fighter/boxer are discovered not created from a sheltered environment. None of the above ATGs was protected and sheltered in such a fashion.

Comment

Main reason Ortiz is moving up in weight .

Secondary reasons I think he is stronger and faster.

Last reason Ortiz is weak minded and can be broke
                  You got a point there....you never know with this dude.

Comment

Your right. Ortiz has all the talent in the world but is a head case like Judah

The only problem is he hasn't received any negative criticism like after the Maidana fight to put that fire in his heart.

But its a big challenge for both

Comment

Canelo doesn't have fast hands or good foot work ???

Oh well mark this thread so we can come back to it some day.

First on the list Ortiz - W by KO in the 8-9th round
                      I think you are right about Canelo. He is damn good. I make money on him every time he fights. Regardless of the quality of his opposition, his footwork, fast combinations, calmness under fire and killer instinct are on display. If he is a hype job Ortiz will beat him. If he is as good as I think he is he will KO Ortiz and go on to beat whoever fights him.

Comment

Working...
                      X