No announcement yet.

training in the heat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training in the heat

just wondering has anyone still been training in the recent heatwave? i was training when the temperature was nearly 90 degrees but had to stop i was so exhausted. i was sweating so much i literally had puddles underneath me and couldnt catch my breath. did anyone else have a similar experience

Originally posted by adzy View Post
    just wondering has anyone still been training in the recent heatwave? i was training when the temperature was nearly 90 degrees but had to stop i was so exhausted. i was sweating so much i literally had puddles underneath me and couldnt catch my breath. did anyone else have a similar experience

i now live in Austin, Texas, we get that just walking down the street.

i see people running in 110.

i hit the bag and left weights at night when its 90.

I've been here so long i get chilly at 70.

just be sure to keep minerals and water in your system

Comment

i run in the heat all the time in the Summer. I have just never had any issues with it. I wouldn't push yourself to hard for at least your first few weeks, maybe longer because who knows how your body will handle it.

stay freakin' hydrated. i easily consumer 5 litres of water and sports drinks on a 35 degree Celsius day.

Comment

Originally posted by adzy View Post
        also, do you smoke? have asthma or even people who smoke in your house? you might want to think about getting yourself checked for asthma or bronchitis just to be safe.

Comment

Just stay hydrated

I run and lift outside in south florida. The sweat annoys me though.

Comment

I was boxing at like 41 C, which is like 100+ F

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              I was boxing at like 41 C, which is like 100+ F
              Damn man, 23 C is hot where I am.
              I haven't trained in almost two months, the gym here shut down nothing to do here no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                Damn man, 23 C is hot where I am.
                I haven't trained in almost two months, the gym here shut down nothing to do here no more.
                41-42 was the hottest day ever in kitchener ontario. nobody was out. Accept me and my buds...putting that work in lmao. My friend looked about to pass out so we called it a day. No lies by round 2 I was ****ed exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
                  also, do you smoke? have asthma or even people who smoke in your house? you might want to think about getting yourself checked for asthma or bronchitis just to be safe.
                  Used to smoke but gave up a few years ago. but i used to handle the heat better then strangely enough

Comment

90 isn't bad but you will be able to tell its hot. 100 plus sucks in the city when your breathing bus fumes, but in the countryside or on a beach its like heaven

Comment

Working...
                    X