No announcement yet.

Pride Bushido 2 - 3 matches added - full card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pride Bushido 2 - 3 matches added - full card

Three more fights have been added to the PRIDE FC: BUSHIDO VOLUME 2 fightcard which will take place on February 15th, 2004 from the Yokohama Arena in Japan and is scheduled to debut on North American pay per view on March 21st, 2004.

The first match features Croatia’s Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic against Japanese fighter Yoshihisa Yamamoto (formerly known as Norihisa Yamamoto). Ever since his devastating title fight loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at FINAL CONFLICT, “Cro Cop” has been on a quest to tear down all opponents in his way to a rematch with Nogueira. At INFERNO on February 1st, “Cro Cop” earned a TKO victory, taking out UFC veteran and highly regarded American wrestler, Ron “H2O” Waterman. Yamamoto was also featured on that card and came away with the biggest win of his career, defeating “The Smashing Machine” Mark Kerr via TKO in Round 1.

Also added … UFC veteran Sean Sherk (18-1) makes his PRIDE FC debut going head to head with Ryuki Ueyama of the U-File camp. Sherk fights out of Minneapolis, Minnesota and is known as one of the strongest fighters in the world at 170 pounds. Ueyama has fought most of his career in DEEP and will be making his PRIDE FC debut. In the third match, Wajyutsu fighter Yusin Okami of Japan brings his 7-1 record to PRIDE FC against Shooto veteran and Tops Team member, Ryuta Sakurai.

In addition to these newly added matches, BUSHIDO VOLUME 2 will feature a three-man team competition, as the Chute Boxe Team will be taking on Team Japan. Headed by reigning PRIDE FC World Middleweight Champion and 2003 Grand Prix Champion Wanderlei Silva, the Chute Boxe Team of Brazil is one of the most successful fight teams in the world. In his first match since winning the Middleweight Grand Prix title in November of 2003 (which included victories over Hidehiko Yoshida and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson on the same night), Silva will be taking on Ikuhisa “The Punk” Minowa of Japan. Minowa, now training with the Brazilian Top Team, is coming off a hard-fought loss to Quinton Jackson at SHOCKWAVE 2003. In the other team matches, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (the younger brother of Murilo “Ninja” Rua) will be taking on Japanese shoot fighter Akihiro Gono and up and coming Chute Boxe star Jadson Costa will compete against Takanori Gomi, who boasts an impressive record of 13-2 and fights out of the Kiguchi Dojo in Japan.

Other previously announced matches on the fight card include: Japanese legend Hayato “Mach” Sakurai against submission expert and rising star, Rodrigo Gracie … the “Zen Master” Mario Sperry returns to take on MMA super hero Mike “Batman” Bencic (representing Mirko “Crop Cop” Filipovic’s Cro Cop Squad Gym) … American star Chris “The Westside Strangler” Brennan makes his second BUSHIDO appearance, this time taking on PRIDE FC veteran Daiju Takase … and in a battle of veterans from the Rings organization, Yasuhito Namekawa of Japan faces Egidijus Valabicius of Lithuania.

PRIDE FC: BUSHIDO VOLUME 2
    Fight Card
    Chute Boxe (Brazil) vs. Team Japan

Wanderlei Silva (Brazil) vs. Ikuhisa “The Punk” Minowa (Japan)

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (Brazil) vs. Akihiro Gono (Japan)

Jadson Costa (Brazil) vs. Takanori Gomi (Japan)

Additional Matches:

Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (Croatia) vs. Yoshihisa Yamamoto (Japan)

Hayato “Mach” Sakurai (Japan) vs. Rodrigo Gracie (Brazil)

Mario Sperry (Brazil) vs. Mike "Batman" Bencic (USA)

Ryuki Ueyama (Japan) vs. Sean Sherk (USA)

Daiju Takase (Japan) vs. Chris Brennan (USA)

Yasuhito Namekawa (Japan) vs. Egidijus Valabicius (Lithuania)

Yusin Okami (Japan) vs. Ryuta Sakurai (Japan)

(Fight Card Subject to Change)

PRIDE FC: BUSHIDO VOLUME 2 will premiere on North American pay per view through iNDEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH NETWORK, UrbanXtra, TVN1, Bell Express Vu, and Viewer’s Choice on Sunday, March 21st, 2004. The premiere time is 9:00pm EST, 6:00pm PST and the count down show is at 8:30pm EST, 5:30pm PST. The event will be available at a reduced rate of $19.95. For additional replay times, please contact your pay per view provider or pridefc.com.

For more information on PRIDE FC, visit pridefc.com!

SHERK!!!

Great pick up!!!

Comment

Its awsome to see Sherk fighting in a big show again

Comment

Man that sux...i thought Almeida was fightin in sherks place

Comment

I want to see Almeida fight in the UFC. Hopefuly he gets a re-match with Lindland and beats him for the UFC 185 lb title

Comment

Originally posted by Allan the Magic Goose
            I want to see Almeida fight in the UFC. Hopefuly he gets a re-match with Lindland and beats him for the UFC 185 lb title
            He would be an awesome addition to their 185 pound stable. Good call. He's probably making way more money in Japan though.

I think that's a pretty strong card, 10 fights. Another damn month delay for the PPV though.

Comment

I will buy the original japanese dvd version of pride bushido 2.

Comment

Why is it showing a month late? That makes me not want to order it since i will know who won and how.

Comment

Looks like no one wanted to fight Almeida. Got straight Erikson-ed.

Comment

Originally posted by allmmafan21
                    Why is it showing a month late? That makes me not want to order it since i will know who won and how.
                    Because they already had their ppv for feb and they can only have one a month. Therefore they must wait until March to show it.

Comment

Working...
                    X