No announcement yet.

Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring

Just wondering, how often do you guys spar.
    i spar 3 times a week, usually about 6x3's each time
    would you say this is enough for amateur competition?
    and how aften do you lot spar?
    thanks

anybody?????

Comment

i wish i sparred that much. i didn't even get to spar last week.

Comment

coming up to a fight, I would spar everyday. When i'm not fighting then it depends on what quality sparring I can get. Sometimes pro's and am's come down from other gyms 3-4 times a week or it might even be 1-2. No point sparring people below my level as they will make me work less hard! in them instances I do more padwork. My trainer uses them glove-pads and hits me back ALOT.

Sometimes they can be harder than sparring, if you have a good coach. My trainer uses ones that are more padded than them, so i don't do pitty patter work.
        Last edited by JulioCesaChavez; 11-16-2008, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Sometimes they can be harder than sparring, if you have a good coach. My trainer uses ones that are more padded than them, so i don't do pitty patter work.
          yeah i got some at home that i use with my dad, usually on a monday and wednesday and about 4x2's, i didnt know wether that would count as sparring though.
          thanks

Comment

It's not sparring but it can be just as good if the trainer gives you some beats! My ex-pro trainer is still ripped to **** and very strong and gives me bad arse body blows. He throws head shots unannounced (as they would be in a fight) and I have to slip or roll them. None of that '1234 and then roll'. He'll say '1234' or any other combo, and then throw a shot and i have to roll with my own reflexes. If your dad is a boxing person, show him this post and tell him to give ypu some tough love!

Comment

Usually 4 times per week for me.

Comment

two times a week

Comment

i dont have any fights coming up so i spar once a week on wed mornings....

Comment

sparring

you should spar at least twice a week. no more than 3 or 4 rounds a day.
                    i fought in the amateurs years ago and compiled a record 98-21. sparring takes a lot out of you. even getting ready for tournaments where we would fight three nights in a row (if you are winning), we only sparred twice a week...

Comment

Working...
                    X