Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Canelo on the juice for the first fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    That's a fact. And I've also noticed that failing a PED test - or even multiple failures - can totally discredit one fighter with some fans, whereas another fighter is allowed to carry on with his career as if it never even happened.

EG, Luiz Ortiz is still "the boogeyman of the HW division" to Wilder fans, despite being popped 3 times - twice for actual steroids - while Povetkin is "PEDvetkin" and "nothing without his meldonium" to those same fans!

Going back to Canelo, he has behaved in a very shady way around PEDs in the past. He withdrew from VADA before the Smith fight, and wasn't tested by anybody during his camp. And miraculously, was able to make 154 for the first time in about 5 years.

And there were 2 conflicting explanations from his camp about that:

Explanation 1 - there was no VADA testing because Smith didn't want it. Which was true, in a sense. Smith didn't want VADA for himself because he was already being tested by UKAD.

Explanation 2 - there was no VADA testing because "we didn't have time to set it up". Which was an obvious lie, because VADA themselves announced Canelo's withdrawal from their program when he started his camp for Smith. And so far as I know, he didn't go back on to it till after he was suspended this year.
    hold on now...you think nelo needed an edge to beat smith ?!?!?! LIAM SMITH ?!?!?!

he went THE DISTANCE with some 2-37 BUM right after his nelo fight !!!!

i dont know what youre implying with the no testing stuff. for me, until i see a failed test, theyre all clean (even pac).

..........assuming shlt

imho

Comment

I was surprised of his body looking so good at 160. He was ripped, that in addition to the meat thing makes me believe he was juicing. I’ll know more on fight day by looking at his body and comparing it the the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
        But in this case there was results
        yeah....bad meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          hold on now...you think nelo needed an edge to beat smith ?!?!?! LIAM SMITH ?!?!?!

he went THE DISTANCE with some 2-37 BUM right after his nelo fight !!!!

i dont know what youre implying with the no testing stuff. for me, until i see a failed test, theyre all clean (even pac).

..........assuming shlt

imho
          Lol .. are you playing dumb or being serious here?

Canelo needed an edge to beat Smith at 154 because otherwise he would have been too drained after making the weight.

Comment

Canelo needed an edge to beat Smith at 154 because otherwise he would have been too drained after making the weight.
            you do realise you're arguing with a lunatic who claims PED's have zero effect on boxers...right?

Comment

i forget their fight night weights.....

was mr 2-37 too fat too ?!?!?!

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              you do realise you're arguing with a lunatic who claims PED's have zero effect on boxers...right?
              im right here...

want me to bump my ''roids never show up on fight night'' thread just so you can swerve it ???

Comment

''assuming guys are dirty and have been their entire career makes me happy ....''
                ~newfangled fight fan

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  No, I didn't know that, but I do know this place ...

Comment

No, I didn't know that, but I do know this place ...
                    His argument is that you need to prove that a fighter couldn't win the fight without peds, in order for peds to prove an effect.

And since none of those killed in the ring, have been proven to be on peds, peds don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      i forget their fight night weights.....
                      You didn't forget them .. they were never announced. Canelo stopped revealing his fight night weights after the Kirkland fight.

In other words - when he won the WBC MW title and started trying to pretend that he wasn't really a MW.

Comment

Working...
                      X