No announcement yet.

KO power but no skills vs Skills but no KO power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

match them together

classic puncher vs boxer match. i'm picking the boxer via UD or stoppage late

Comment

I'd rather have power even tho in the end you'll always need skill since theirs always somebody who hits harder.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

skill = you can't hurt what you can't hit........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          skill = you can't hurt what you can't hit........Rockin'
          No power= you can't hurt what you can hit.

Comment

Edison Miranda is a prime example of a guy who relied too much on power...

Comment

I rather have power.

I can find a good trainer and develop skills, but it's hard to develop real KO power if you weren't born with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
                great point bro, because i mean id hate to be the dude that no one respects his power and can walk trough anything i dish out.
                A lot of guys with low power can be very hard to beat because they come with a game plan and KNOW they are going 12 rounds vs coming in lazy and expecting a KO.

But also the whole "walk through everything" very rarely works out as a plan. Usually it IS someone's game plan like Pavlik vs Hopkins, Hatton vs Mayweather, Chavez vs Sergio ect but usually that guy ends up getting busted up and dominated.

Comment

Never understood why guys with great power dont sharpen their boxing skill. Most times its like they just work on footwork and abandon any kind of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    So basically, Randall Bailey or Paulie Malignaggi?

I'd rather be Paulie. At least with skills, you won't get your head knocked around quite as much as the guy who has no skills and has to land a big punch, taking a punch of big punches himself along the way.
                    I thought of the two exact same fighters.

Comment

Whitaker vs everyone
                      Greb vs everyone

Comment

Working...
                      X