No announcement yet.

JMM-Floyd 2, the dumbest rematch ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMM-Floyd 2, the dumbest rematch ever

I've read a few JMM "fans" you know the ones that come out of the woodwork when it's time to ride a new bandwagon. Apparently they want a Floyd rematch. This is the worst fight in the world for JMM because skill wise he's about 60 steps below Floyd. For the new kids here you should know that I could be discribed as a Floyd "hater" but I'm a realist and know JMM would be made to look like a bum and he doesn't deserve that. Plus Floyd demands the highest level of testing so hulk Marquez wouldn't be showing up.

you are right...this is nonsense...even after a nearly 2 year lay-off Floyd schooled Marquez so badly it looked like a sparring session...

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
      you are right...this is nonsense...even after a nearly 2 year lay-off Floyd schooled Marquez so badly it looked like a sparring session...
      Yeah it was terrible. I've always believed that JMM was a good fighter but I'm not fan because I was always as Erik guy and I stay loyal to a fighter forever.

My philosophy is if you still can't cheer for them after the lose you don't deserve to cheer for them when they win.

But Floyd is leagues above JMM in skill. I'm sure Floyd would love it because its free money. On an extreme level JMM has about as much chance against Floyd as I do.

Comment

Just people getting caught up in the moment, it'll die down soon. But then again from what i've seen on this site maybe it won't

Comment

Good luck trying to sell that, I'd say it's impossible for Marquez to earn a rematch.

Comment

I don't see the rematch being much different than the first fight.

Comment

Well it was a shut out.

But the people saying "Well this version of Marquez put the weight on better, he's so much better" are the same people saying "No rematch".

The facts are Floyd shut out Marquez 3 years ago, no rematch needed whatsoever.

Comment

Only Marquez's hugest fans would bet on Marquez to beat Floyd.

Marquez deserves the biggest paycheck of his career against Floyd IF Marquez demands it.

Otherwise, I'll say let Marquez enjoy the bountiful fruits of his labor against other opponents after a good long rest.

Marquez could easily retire and ride off to the Mexican sunset after a bout with Floyd if he so wishes.

No need to rush.

Comment

Realistically, the fight shouldn't happen again. But if anybody has earned a chance to correct an L on his record, it's Marquez. We know it won't happen though, but I wouldn't object to it.

Comment

isn't Marquez still signed with Top Rank? if he is, it won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X