Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's using Floyd's name to generate interest in his upcoming fight with JMM.

Floyd and Manny are playing the media and the fans and making millions while fanboys regurgitate the same crap over and over again, defending their idols.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I don't think manny is the video making type. Manny also isn't as big into using the social media sites as floyd was/is.

during the last manny/jmm fight, during the CNN interview, posted many times here, manny says "ther are no more issues with testing, only purse split".
      I remember a boxer who suddenly said in hi LA press conference (no one asking) "I want to fight the best, so, Manny Pacquiao you're next"... then after few days... denies that he did not say that... whose the one using else name to PROMOTE his fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        He's using Floyd's name to generate interest in his upcoming fight with JMM.

Floyd and Manny are playing the media and the fans and making millions while fanboys regurgitate the same crap over and over again, defending their idols.
        Pretty much this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          He's using Floyd's name to generate interest in his upcoming fight with JMM.

Pac is being asked some questions and he just answered it. It was the host/anchors fault coz they should only asked about Pac and Marquez. Pac never mention Floyd's name if not being asked by reporters. While floyd in LA press conference (no one asking), he just shout out loud "I want to fight the best, so, Manny Pacquiao you're next", then after few days, he denies it.. I hope you see the difference.

Comment

• who cares anymore?? just dont buy into their hype and find a stream to watch the fight... you can buy a 35 dollar cord at bestbuy to hook up your laptop to your tv... the quality is just as good and these two fools will be forced to fight each other... /endofthread

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I don't think manny is the video making type. Manny also isn't as big into using the social media sites as floyd was/is.

during the last manny/jmm fight, during the CNN interview, posted many times here, manny says "ther are no more issues with testing, only purse split".
              isnt that because people were interviewing him about it (the same now with the 55/45 slit or whatever)...i don't remember pac just bringing up floyd out of nowhere during press conferences or interviews. floyd did bring up the "and yes pac, you're next!" line when he was signed to fight ortiz..and he kind of using pac's name in the build up to the cotto fight whenever he brought up the catchweight and fighting cotto at his best weight. only time pac talks about floyd is when someone interviews him about floyd, which is pretty much every fight since 2010.

Comment

• Which is why I've been saying we won't know whats what until after Pac-JMM IV. It is convenient that we haven't heard Arum say anything about this, and when it was time to pick an opponent, all we heard was JMM/Cotto/Bradley, and we didn't hear anything about 55-45 until after he signed yo fight JMM.

Where was all this in January, when it was 50-50 or no fight???

We won't know s**t until after December 8th most likely.

Oh and I had a crazy dream that Pacquiao stopped Marquez in 9 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
                  Yes he did say ost is no longer an issue only the purse split. Is he sayig the same thing again now??? I believe this time he's saying he has agreed to eveything, ost and money split. In the pass manny has never agreed to all of Floyd's demand. So how is this the same thing when PAC have a fight signed?? Of course Floyd's name is gonna get brought up when he is being asked about it. Manny just doesnt blur out Floyd's name in an interview even when he was not ask about Floyd. Now Floyd on the otherhand has been caught bringing up mannys name even when the interviewer haven't even gotten that far yet. So again I don't see this pattern u're talking about.
                  i think we can agree what you believe is not necessarily what manny is saying.

the pattern is after manny has a fight signed, he and his team are very voiciferous about a floyd fight. Before the Marg fight, there was the countdown clock and all that. But Marg had said he was promised the fight well before that. SO its a repetititve pattern even though you wont acknowledge it.

Basically you are saying the only difference is manny waits to be asked before he says anything. Yet he knows the question is coming. floyd knows the question is coming and answers before. So if you feel this is a huge difference, so be it. To me and many others its 6 in one hand, hal dozen in the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                    When he was looking for an opponent you heard 0 about Floyd...only Cotto,Bradley or Jmm..Floyd was not even an option..SOON as he signs a fight with Jmm all this Floyd can have this and he can have that pops up...WHY????? He has signed to fight Jmm and all the sudden all this Floyd talk starts..why was none of this heard when he was seeking an opponent?
                    You right it's an abvious marketing tool by Team Pac to gain media attention for his next fight by mentioning Mayweather. Both May and Pac are just using each other to advertise their respective fights it's as clear as day.

Floyd in the leadup to his last fight had all that twittering to Pacqiao and the phone call for 45 million, but refused to negotiate with team Pac. Wish these guys would man up and fight if not for their legacy, but for the fans.

Comment

• pac is just returning the favor. floyd started it in the first place. remember when he came out of retirement to fight jmm? he piggybacked pac's name big time to the point of announcing his fight during pac's wiegh-in day against hatton.

besides, pac hasn't even gone to the extremes like what floyd did going online ranting in ustream just to talk garbage.

Comment

Working...
                      X